• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

40k miles in one year. Concerning?

Sep 28, 2024
As above, would this kind of mileage in one year be a concern for you?
1727958692276.png

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
What vehicle is this on? Has it seen any obvious high mileage use, such as taxi usage or driving school? Are you certain it has actally done that mileage in 12 months, on has the mileage been incorrectly recorded on the 2023 MOT? It does happen.

Sep 28, 2024
What vehicle is this on? Has it seen any obvious high mileage use, such as taxi usage or driving school? Are you certain it has actally done that mileage in 12 months, on has the mileage been incorrectly recorded on the 2023 MOT? It does happen.
It's on a 20 reg 1.5TSI 150PS estate (Manual). I've enquired about service history and I'll ask for confirmation of mileage history, but 25k in 3 years wouldn't be a surprise.

It would be good to know about the previous owner but I'd be surprised if the dealership give me much on that.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
It's on a 20 reg 1.5TSI 150PS estate (Manual). I've enquired about service history and I'll ask for confirmation of mileage history, but 25k in 3 years wouldn't be a surprise.

It would be good to know about the previous owner but I'd be surprised if the dealership give me much on that.
Hmm, that maybe suggests that if its a one owner car, it has done basically 60k in 4 years, which would average out at 15k per year each year. Hence my suggestion that the mileage was incorrectly recorded as 25k on the first MOT when it could have been 45k, then another 15k-ish 12 months later on the next MOT.
As far as previous owner details, you have no chance due to today's GDPR rules - even if the previous owner leaves receipts etc with the car when sold, the dealer is duty bound to remove them to prevent disclosure of the previous owner to whoever buys it later

Reactions: mowglii
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.