• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Silent sat nav

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Hi , my car sat nav has stopped speaking , its not the volume control , does anyone have any ideas , thanks

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
Mine has done this too - did you have an OTA update beforehand by any chance? The voice comes back every now and then but it's starting to annoy me - had a few trips away recently and missed having it.

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Booked it in for beginning of September as none of the sales team could fix it , will keep you posted , cheers .

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Hi , booked it in and they gave it another software update and it works fine now . I personally think the issue i had with it stems from the update the car was given due to a recall regarding the airbag, hope this helps , cheers .

cdro

Aug 20, 2016
I had the same issue, navigation announcements suddenly stop, for almost a month ago. No volume control, not muted.
The problem disappeared with a "reset factory settings" from the infotainment's settings menu.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
I had the same issue, navigation announcements suddenly stop, for almost a month ago. No volume control, not muted.
The problem disappeared with a "reset factory settings" from the infotainment's settings menu.
I'll give that a go. It's going in for an oil service soon but as it's a company car I have no idea where it will be going but can almost guarantee it won't be a Cupra garage so no software update!

cdro

Aug 20, 2016
I'll give that a go. It's going in for an oil service soon but as it's a company car I have no idea where it will be going but can almost guarantee it won't be a Cupra garage so no software update!
The problem appeared today again after five days of normal navigation usage, so no joy.
Mine is a company car too, it has 1969 firmware and received its latest OTA update on October 1st.
Have in mind that factory reset erases all settings (e.g. favourite stations and phone contacts)

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
It is going to Cupra on 21st for an oil service. I'm amazed at that. Had a skoda for 5 years and only went to a dealer once for a warranty repair - the rest of the time it went to local independents. I'm going to mention the sat nav before it goes in, see if they can fix that.

Lecatona HPFP (High-pressure Fuel Pump Upgrades)