• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Mirror light reflector

Sep 26, 2022
Evening all,
Just noticed today that the logo light reflected from both mirrors are distorted! I have 13k km on my formentor 310, and noticed this just today. I am pretty sure they were both good before.

Does anyone know why this happens and how can be fixed?

Attachments

• 20220926_160314.jpg
    20220926_160314.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 20220926_160303.jpg
    20220926_160303.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 286

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
Looks like some moisture may have got in there. I've never really studied the reflector units so other than trying a bit of low heat around them to drive the moisture out I can't really help with a fix.

Sep 26, 2022
Looks like some moisture may have got in there. I've never really studied the reflector units so other than trying a bit of low heat around them to drive the moisture out I can't really help with a fix.
Thank you, i have been told that this is common and they will need replacement by the garage. I don't think it's moisture its more of something went wrong inside

Apr 30, 2021
I have same issue on my Formentor which is year and half old. On my right mirror is much more distorted then left. Did they change it for free because of warranty period??

Sep 26, 2022
I have same issue on my Formentor which is year and half old. On my right mirror is much more distorted then left. Did they change it for free because of warranty period??
Yes. I have took the car to the garage,and they fixed this after ordering new set. All free of charge

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Good to know they fixed it quickly. I would agree it looks a bit like lensing from droplets inside the light itself.
Either that, or the freaking thing melted the pattern material in the projector.

I notice you guys with issues are from Palestine and Croatia, so it's hot as hell during summer. Might actually be a heat/melting issue?

Apr 30, 2021
Good to know they fixed it quickly. I would agree it looks a bit like lensing from droplets inside the light itself.
Either that, or the freaking thing melted the pattern material in the projector.

I notice you guys with issues are from Palestine and Croatia, so it's hot as hell during summer. Might actually be a heat/melting issue?
Don't know. My car is the most of time in summer in garage. It looks to me like low quality . As I know no much of Seat cars have these mirror projecting so maybe they are learning.. :unsure:

Sep 26, 2022

No i doubt it's relevant to the heat, since it was not so hot this summer here, plus my car is always parked indoors. I think its a defective issue. I hope it won't happen again

Reactions: amarokjb

dan.cupra

Nov 5, 2023
I wonder if anyone found a diy solution to this distorted logo light issue. Apparently it’s one of the most common issues.

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
@dan.cupra; Distorted image from the door mirror puddle lights is also a common issue on the mk8 Golf; quite a few cases have been reported over on VWroc forum on the mk8 Golf R.

@pkaps - VW are replacing them under warranty, but not after the warranty’s expired.

Reactions: dan.cupra

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
My warranty is for 4 years.
Nevertheless, even if your warranty expired they should have replaced it free of charge, being a faulty factory part.

dan.cupra

Nov 5, 2023
Some things are very easy to fix in a dyi way. If this would be possible I prefer this way than leaving my car for days at the dealer. Don’t trust anyone with my car.
Anyway we are deviating from the purpose of this forum.

dan.cupra

Nov 5, 2023
It is, but also the purpose of this thread is to find solutions to specific issues. Even though I got your point (to go to dealer),
in my case it’s not helping.

There are quite a few examples where the dealer just changed an entire module/part for a super easy diy fix, and I’m not saying it’s the same in this case but it might be an easier fix.

I also believe that the main reason people are using forums like this, is to find solutions to certain issues without the headaches of going to the workshop.

Last edited:

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Good luck my friend, you will need it if you start diying with this car.

dan.cupra

Nov 5, 2023
Good luck my friend, you will need it if you start diying with this car.
The forum is full of examples of people fixing stuff themselves. I don't need luck, I owned a few cars in my life, I know what to expect.

One example where I fixed the issue myself in 20-30min with 0 costs: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/gearbox-error-p27f500-solution.476450/#post-5063310
People with same issue went to dealer, to replace the entire control unit (which is couple of thousand of euros).

P.S: I am also a car enthusiast and I'm making all the maintenance myself, including changing brakes, discs, haldex maintenance, oil etc.

Can I ask, why are you on this forum ? Still not clear to me, it seems that you are against DYI.

Reactions: djmartzian
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.