• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Carista issues

May 21, 2024
Plugged in the carista scanner it connected to my car once I tried unlocking the features it just came up with an error saying trouble communicating with car any help?

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
Hi, I have a 2024 Cupra Leon V (Australian delivered) and have a Carista.

Trying to do some brake work, and the EPB Servicing option isn't available (like it is with VW Golf) and there is also no option to turn the Auto Start/Stop off.

Will the OBDEleven be OK or is the VCDS the better option ?

Cheers

Michael

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Of course, either manually or via app. But be careful, apps can also break a lot of things.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240929-130808.png
    Screenshot_20240929-130808.png
    234.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240929-130631.png
    Screenshot_20240929-130631.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 21

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
Nope, fully understood. Thanks

Just also adding that I emailed Carista as to why it didn’t work per their videos.
cheers

Hi, I have a 2024 Cupra Leon V (Australian delivered) and have a Carista.

Trying to do some brake work, and the EPB Servicing option isn't available (like it is with VW Golf) and there is also no option to turn the Auto Start/Stop off.

Will the OBDEleven be OK or is the VCDS the better option ?

Cheers

Michael

Start stop cannot be disabled via coding on MQBevo
Also, if the car has SFD2 then you'll be restricted as to what you can do full stop.

Reactions: tracktoy and cairus

Michael_LeonV

Jul 8, 2024
Cheers East Yorkshire Retrofits. A quick google re what SFD2 is (I'm very new to the VAG world as well as the latest technology in cars these days) and found this interesting thread re the SFD2

Nutshell : OBDEleven team can't get past the SFD2 yet, but working on it.

So, for me, the next step is to contact OBDEleven (Aus) and make sure that I can get to the EPB Service & also wait for Carista response, and then proceed from there.

Many thanks guys

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Sorry, I missed the 2024. The UNECE regulation is really rubbish... SFD2 basically only blocks the important control units. But this also includes control unit 03, which is the ABS unit. However, the purpose of SFD is to prevent manipulation. Reading and deleting errors as well as carrying out actuator diagnostics or basic settings should also be possible without opening the control units. Otherwise it would be the end of normal workshops. I'll test it today or tomorrow as soon as I get my hands on a UNECE vehicle.

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
Since I can't yet have the VIN checked in the Seat/Cupra system, when did you register your Cupra?

Sorry, I missed the 2024. The UNECE regulation is really rubbish... SFD2 basically only blocks the important control units. But this also includes control unit 03, which is the ABS unit. However, the purpose of SFD is to prevent manipulation. Reading and deleting errors as well as carrying out actuator diagnostics or basic settings should also be possible without opening the control units. Otherwise it would be the end of normal workshops. I'll test it today or tomorrow as soon as I get my hands on a UNECE vehicle.

SFD1 affected brake pad changes, I'm unsure if this is still the case with SFD2 😕

• Wow
Reactions: cairus