New member from the Netherlands

Sep 25, 2024
Hello all,

I wanted to Introduce myself on the forum. I recently bought my dream car.

My name is Bart, I am 54 years old and located in The Netherlands. So my steering wheel is on the wrong side ;-)

Next week I will receive my Cupra Ateca ABT Limited Edition from 2020. It has all the nice options like, ABT Chip tuning Factory installed, ABT Lowering springs Factory Installed, Akrapovic Exhaust, Brembo Breaks, Pano roof, 20” Cupra wheels. The color is Graphene Grey.

The first upgrade I want to do is to install a heated Steering wheel from the Facelift Cupra with the Start and Mode buttons. I will update some pictures when this is done.

The second upgrade will be an Audio Upgrade with new speakers in the front and back doors and tweeters in the A-pillars. Sound deadening of the doors and trunk of booth. Subwoofer installed in the spear tire space. Amplifiers High Res Digital for all speakers and sub, DSP Install. All integrated in the original Sound System and car wiring.

Who can help me looking for the perfect speakers in the doors and matching Amps that can be integrated and connected to the original audio head unit.

I am looking for instance to the following Brands and types,

Audison Thesis or Voce speakers
Hertz MIlle Legend speakers
Eton Pro or Graphite serie
Gladen speakers

Looking forward hearing from you,

Bart

Reactions: H Rafiq

Cubbington

Mar 26, 2024
UK
Hi Bart!

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the car!

I've been in The Netherlands this week with work and some fun visiting ex-work friends - if you saw a red Cupra Leon ST with UK plates around Breda and Alphen, or belting towards Brussels yesterday, it was probably me :D

I can't help you with the steering wheel, however in my previous Octavia estate I did a complete stealth install using Audiotec Fischer Match amplification, DSP EQ'd to the car, with Focal custom-fit speakers and custom sub enclosure in the trunk wheel arch space. We had fun with my mate sitting in the back seat running REW software on a laptop and holding a UMIK-1 microphone near to my head at 70mph so it was sounding good at motorway speeds!

Be careful with aftermarket speakers; if the Ateca's speakers are like the Octavia's, they have a rain-guard/cover over the top of the speaker to prevent water getting into them...I didn't think to do this at first and fitted Audiotec Fischer Helix speakers without them and the doors allowed water to leak into the car. You can get rain covers to prevent this, but in the end I fitted the Focals as they have this guard built in (they are designed for VW Golf). The Octavia door design isn't great and I was still getting a little bit of water in, so modified it a little making a 'V' shape cut at the bottom of the speaker aperture to allow any water to drain, and painted it with Hammerite to stop it rusting.

I made a thread on the UK Skoda forum at the time, so you can find it if you do some hunting...I went a bit OCD with the install, and had some 'fun' on the way ;)

A friend bought the Octavia over three years ago and has had no problems with water ingress from the doors, and the system still sounds great!

Cheerio,

Nick

Reactions: BartNL
Sep 25, 2024
Hi Bart!

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on the car!

I've been in The Netherlands this week with work and some fun visiting ex-work friends - if you saw a red Cupra Leon ST with UK plates around Breda and Alphen, or belting towards Brussels yesterday, it was probably me :D

I can't help you with the steering wheel, however in my previous Octavia estate I did a complete stealth install using Audiotec Fischer Match amplification, DSP EQ'd to the car, with Focal custom-fit speakers and custom sub enclosure in the trunk wheel arch space. We had fun with my mate sitting in the back seat running REW software on a laptop and holding a UMIK-1 microphone near to my head at 70mph so it was sounding good at motorway speeds!

Be careful with aftermarket speakers; if the Ateca's speakers are like the Octavia's, they have a rain-guard/cover over the top of the speaker to prevent water getting into them...I didn't think to do this at first and fitted Audiotec Fischer Helix speakers without them and the doors allowed water to leak into the car. You can get rain covers to prevent this, but in the end I fitted the Focals as they have this guard built in (they are designed for VW Golf). The Octavia door design isn't great and I was still getting a little bit of water in, so modified it a little making a 'V' shape cut at the bottom of the speaker aperture to allow any water to drain, and painted it with Hammerite to stop it rusting.

I made a thread on the UK Skoda forum at the time, so you can find it if you do some hunting...I went a bit OCD with the install, and had some 'fun' on the way ;)

A friend bought the Octavia over three years ago and has had no problems with water ingress from the doors, and the system still sounds great!

Cheerio,

Nick
Hi Nick,

I didn’t see you mate, LOL

The steeringwheel is ordered, the new switches and airbag Ring are also on its way. So I guess I need some wiring as wel then ? To connect the heated part of the steeringwheel ??

And do you know if I can also retrofit the start/stop button in the center tunnelconsole with the ASR on/off button ?? Will this work ?

If I know more about the sound upgrade I will put it on here somewhere as well. The door speakers, tweeter and 13cm midrange speakers are also ordered. So the first step has been taken on that as well.

Hope to see you sometimes in the Netherlands with your Red Cupra Leon.

Bart