Leon 5F bumper replacement

Sep 22, 2024
Hey guys,
I want to buy a new Seat Leon 5F 2014, i just found a very very good deal, but, is not a FR model.

My question is, is possible to replace bumpers to the FR / CUPRA ones?
Would like to change the front and rear ones.

Thanks ;p

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Of course it is but things to consider.

Inform your insurance company. If you don't, they can nullify your insurance should you be in a crash.

Your car will look odd. Both the FR and Cupra sit lower than the S/SE. Even if you don't know this you know that a car just looks wrong. There is a grey ST sits along the street from me which has big wheels on it. At first glance you think it's an FR but it looks a big wrong. Then you realize it's sitting too high.

For what it costs to do these changes to the car you'd be as well just selling it and buying the better car. I'd rather have a car that has the go and not the look than the look but not the go.

You'll probably struggle to sell it. Most people do not want to buy modified cars. Yes, some do but most people want the usual low owners, full service history and as close to factory as you can get. I bought a modified car once, regretted it and I'll never do it again.

Sep 22, 2024
Of course it is but things to consider.

Inform your insurance company. If you don't, they can nullify your insurance should you be in a crash.

Your car will look odd. Both the FR and Cupra sit lower than the S/SE. Even if you don't know this you know that a car just looks wrong. There is a grey ST sits along the street from me which has big wheels on it. At first glance you think it's an FR but it looks a big wrong. Then you realize it's sitting too high.

For what it costs to do these changes to the car you'd be as well just selling it and buying the better car. I'd rather have a car that has the go and not the look than the look but not the go.

You'll probably struggle to sell it. Most people do not want to buy modified cars. Yes, some do but most people want the usual low owners, full service history and as close to factory as you can get. I bought a modified car once, regretted it and I'll never do it again.
Understand, my plan would put eibach too.
In my country difference between SE is about 8K to FR one.
( with dsg and about 130K Kms)

I believe doing my modifications would not cost more than 1.5K, and I still got a “low mileage” car and dsg.

1.5 to 8K is a big difference.
I just want this car to city driving, I own a RS3 and I’m not feeling good about using it on daily driving with bumps, people crashing, bad roads etc.

But of course I wanted good looking, the SE does not look good, this one I’m checking already got the “led” package on headlights etc, but bumpers are not very good.

The plan is sell the car after like 3/4 years.

Thanks for answer.

Reactions: Mo_86 and Mr Pig
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members