Battery Replacement for my Seat Leon 2016?

Sep 17, 2024
Does anyone know where to find this specific battery for cheap? The ones I've searched on Euro Car Parts doesn't match this specification and the battery is on its last leg, any help would be much appreciated.

Seat Leon 2016 1.6TDI 105HP

Attachments

• Convert Heic to JPEG.jpg
    Convert Heic to JPEG.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland

Just remember, when comparing options, that it is an AGM battery that you are needing to buy, and preferably a Varta brand one.

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
That needs collecting at that price, could depend on OP's location, which they have not disclosed.
That battery was made in 2017... Waste of money buying it.

Go on to the Tayna website and look for Varta or Exide AGM equivalent, they have all the information on there such as AH, dimensions etc

It doesn't have to be 68ah, 70, 72 or thereabouts will be fine as long as it physically matches and is AGM. Probably a 096 (Varta code A7) but double check for yourself.

Reactions: RUM4MO

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
That battery was made in 2017... Waste of money buying it.

Go on to the Tayna website and look for Varta or Exide AGM equivalent, they have all the information on there such as AH, dimensions etc

It doesn't have to be 68ah, 70, 72 or thereabouts will be fine as long as it physically matches and is AGM. Probably a 096 (Varta code A7) but double check for yourself.
Blinking chancer selling that, I didn't look closely and just assumed that it was new and cheap for some strange reason - and now I know what the reason was!

Reactions: ViperSlider

ViperSlider

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
Blinking chancer selling that, I didn't look closely and just assumed that it was new and cheap for some strange reason - and now I know what the reason was!
It's sometimes impossible to know with some batteries and easy to miss with those that do have markings. Used batteries are a nightmare.

I also forgot to say about telling the car it's had a replacement battery too. The new battery will need to be coded so the charge profile is correct and its not under charged

Reactions: RUM4MO
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members