Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
What is it?

The Anniversary Limited Edition is celebrating 40 years of the iconic SEAT Ibiza. It’s a one-off edition with some extras not available in other trims within the model. Has SEAT given the SEAT Ibiza what it deserves for its 40th birthday? Read on to find out.

Verdict
The 1.0L engine in this car is nippy, reliable and fun.
For anyone looking for a little run about or learning car this is a great choice, for those like me who have loved the Ibiza from the get go this seems like a mild disappointment as a special edition, it doesn’t feel as special as it could have on the appearance front. Still a good car, but could have had a bit more love given to it by SEAT.

Our rating

3.5 stars out of 5

What we liked

Bucket seats
Graphene Grey Exclusive paint...

Continue reading...

Reactions: Seriously?

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
What the Ibiza deserves is making one with the 1.5 TSI engine available, hardly any Ibizas with that engine made it to the UK (lots to elsewhere in Europe, though), but would make a great "warm hatch" alternative to the 2.0 TSI engined VW Polo GTI, and be cheaper to run and insure than the latter and in a better looking car design.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
What the Ibiza deserves is making one with the 1.5 TSI engine available, hardly any Ibizas with that engine made it to the UK (lots to elsewhere in Europe, though), but would make a great "warm hatch" alternative to the 2.0 TSI engined VW Polo GTI, and be cheaper to run and insure than the latter and in a better looking car design.
I'd love to see the 1.5 TSI turn up in the ibiza, it would get plenty of power for a car this size.

Reactions: Metalogic

Metalogic

Mar 11, 2024
Oxford, UK
I'd love to see the 1.5 TSI turn up in the ibiza, it would get plenty of power for a car this size.
Well they have already done that for the Ibiza 6F, so it's definitely technically possible, I don't know why they didn't make that version more available in the UK. Am not 100% sure if you can still get a 1.5 TSI Ibiza in mainland Europe, but there are certainly lots on the road there.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
1.5 TSi certainly shows as being available in certain trim levels on the German SEAT configurator.

andycalvia

Oct 20, 2004
Ayrshire
A collaboration with Porsche for the 40th Anniversary would have been amazing and a nod to the original. Imagine Porsche styling cues 'wheels, body kit etc) or even better the 1.5tsi but tuned by Porsche, that would have been pretty radical and absolutely phenomenal. Could have priced it similar to a Yaris GR and I bet it they would have sold an absolute load of them.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.