SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I'm editing our video review of the car, having had it for the week. It is a blast, and the rear drum brakes are the only thing that let it down.
By let it down - do you mean they don't work very well? - or don't look very good?

All the MEB platform cars have a rear drum! - I would imaging this rear brake is effectively maintenance free as the main reason to change BEV brakes will be due to corrosion and the drum obviously limits this vs an open caliper, though it is strange seeing Audi Q4 ETron's with huge wheels and drum brakes!

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
By let it down - do you mean they don't work very well? - or don't look very good?

All the MEB platform cars have a rear drum! - I would imaging this rear brake is effectively maintenance free as the main reason to change BEV brakes will be due to corrosion and the drum obviously limits this vs an open caliper, though it is strange seeing Audi Q4 ETron's with huge wheels and drum brakes!
Yeah, I know they do; on this car, all I can say is they aren't as good as you want them to be for the power and weight it has when you need the brakes. I'm assuming (maybe incorrectly) that if it had rear discs, it would perform better? This was also the view of the courier who has driven a lot more cars than me. I had to do an emergency stop going down a hill - which wasn't fun! :eek:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members