• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Automatic interior light.

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
Aside from the sunroof squeaking now the drivers side interior comes on when driving over a bumpy road does anyone know what that`s all about?

No wonder they called the VZN a "Special Edition!"

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Well so far I have not experienced that AI feature what you just described.
Once I switched drivers side light ON but then was unable to switch it off several attempts.
Maybe my fingers are too cold but who knows.
My dad who was sitting with me touched the lamp and it switched OFF....
Since then I have not tried it to switch it ON....

Tripletrouble

Aug 1, 2023
Any update on this? My drivers side interior light has started switching on and off randomly as well, sometimes flashing on and off for 2 or 3 minutes constantly

Cainy1989

Jan 11, 2019
its an issue with the light module itself, the fix pretty much is to replace the entire thing. Seems they fail in really odd ways

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
2 times while driving it has come ON by itself.
No bumps etc.
I could hear the tap sound and I was what did I press....
Then realised interior light is ON. Then again tap sound light Off....
Then ON again.
I kinda like this car keeps you entertained 😂
It's like Johny 5 is Alive.....

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
The "GOOD" news is that already the owners of the Facelift report the same problems as before - including the one with the upper control panel.
:banghead2

Can’t say I’m entirely surprised by this.

Over on the VW Golf R forum, quite a few members seem have an expectation that any remaining gremlins from the pre-facelift car will have been sorted in the facelift car. Sadly, I don’t share their optimism.

CupForm

Aug 26, 2023
Bucharest, RO
quite a few members seem have an expectation
I can't blame them, since the norm for any FL over the past decades was to fix most of the problems detected/known on the pre-FL. That used to be the main "plus" of a FL model, besides the updated looks...
However, if we look at what VAG did with the infotainment - one of the well-known issues of the pre-FL models (Golf, Formentor, Octavia etc.) - they enthusiastically declared: "we changed HW and SW of the infotainment system". I think it is now called MiB4. And major surprise: one of the first Formentor reviews I watched online was mentioning that from time to time, the infotainment hangs into "Loading settings" screen for a very long time when the car is started...
Besides that, I know from the dealership I go to: they received a first batch of about 10 new Formentors. After they washed them they couldn't start more than half; solution: close it, wait for several minutes and then all good. Scanned the cars for errors - NO problems... :cool:

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
It does seem to be heat related as mine is behaving now, the sunroof opens and closes as it should, no squeak from the sunroof and the interior lights haven`t come on now that the UK global climate cooling has arrived!
Maybe I ought to go off roading to check the lights!

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
"In the winter the climate in Catalonia has average temps by day peaking at 14.3 degrees Celsius in December. At night time temps fall to a minimum of of 5.7 degrees"
As the Formentor is made in Catalonia and some would be made on the winter nightshift I`m guessing I got one of the winter versions which are fault free until the Sun comes out!

• Haha
Reactions: KJA

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Think yourself lucky - it normally manifests in phoning breakdown or sos over and over while driving which is far more annoying. It sounds like similar problem though and will need central unit replacing. I had this done and it took 6mths for part to arrive!

Sep 9, 2024
Same problem for us. Light on driver side comes ON from time to time. I'll ask the dealer to fix this, since we've suscribed a warranty extension until 2029.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.