MIB2 ,video no ,mirorlink no ! ???

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
Hello

(pardon my English)

I asked the same question several months (years?) ago.
question: can my MIB2 play videos, answer no!
can my MIB2 do mirrorlink , answer no !

I am very surprised to read exactly the opposite in a discussion post in this forum, I can no longer find the post, a person asks the same question for a MIB2 and gets two answers, yes ! and yes !??? something has changed since then? updates? something else ?

thank you for your help.

My MIB2:

log. MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0369T

mat. 5QA035846A

H28.28.208_STD2Nav_EU

Tell

Staff member
It can play video but only SD (standard definition... whatever the spec is in the manual) as I recall. It's the spec you find in the infotainment part of the manual. Some people watch videos whilst waiting to pick up the kids from school.

Video in motion, VIM is the illegal one in the UK. Can be enabled via coding to play videos illegally whilst moving.

Now mirror link. Think that's messing about with Android to get it out via Android Auto. Never interested me. It's hacking AA rather than hacking the unit. Hacking Android apps. You'll find that on a Google. Hacked Android apps anyhow.

Tell

Staff member
Can I ask how this is supposed to work with coding? I only know it with VCP and the VIM Manager or OBD11 because both can write to the EPROM memory.
I'm sure VCDS does it since everything VCDS does what Obdeleven does. I just don't encourage it.

I see it's probably meet someone in a car park if you haven't got obdeleven or vim manager etc 🤣

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
I've been looking for several weeks for a tutorial or video explaining how to view youtube (or video) on my mib2 without success!

but all I've managed to learn is the doubt about my equipment, video playback in SD ?... (I really hope Tell is right)

I continue to search, if someone has information, thank you in advance

Tell

Staff member
I've been looking for several weeks for a tutorial or video explaining how to view youtube (or video) on my mib2 without success!

but all I've managed to learn is the doubt about my equipment, video playback in SD ?... (I really hope Tell is right)

I continue to search, if someone has information, thank you in advance
These are the mib2 infotainment pages on media and the spec is as below. So it's not full HD. As I said people do load video onto the SD card to watch:

Maximum resolution 720 x 576 pixel and 25-30 fps
(frames per second).
– MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 (.mpg, .mpeg, .m2ts, .avi
and .mkv) format with maximum resolution of 352x288
pixel.
– ISO MPEG-4 (.mp4, .m4v, .avi, .mov, .3gp and .mkv) for-
mat.
– MPEG-4 ASP DivX 4, 5 and 6 (.avi, .divx and .mkv) for-
mat.
– MPEG-4 Xvid (.avi and .mkv) format.
– MPEG-4 H.264 format: (.mp4, .m4v, .mov, .
3gp, .avi, .m2ts, .mkv, .flv, .f4v and .webm).
– Windows Media Video 9 (.wmv, .asf, .mp4, .m4v, .mov, .
3gp and .avi) format.
– MJPEG (.avi, .mov, .mp4 and .m4v) format.
– Theora (.ogv) format.
– Playlists in the formats M3U, PLS, ASX and WPL.
– Playlists must not exceed 20 kB or more than 1000 entries.
– Filenames and paths that do not exceed 256 characters.
– For DVD, a maximum of 1000 files per storage device and directory.
– For memory cards, a maximum of 4000 files and a maximum of 1000 files per directory.

Screenshot_20240910_171258_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20240910_171243_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20240910_171233_Drive.jpg

Reactions: cairus

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
2 minutes of Google search to download the manual. 1 minute for the solution

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
I seem to recall I tried it in the car once it wasn't brilliant. Image, my Ateca has got the older Tiguan type of screen. I believe they might be clearer on newer units if they ever got fitted but still it's not HD and frigging with the file to get it in that resolution. I'd just watch something on my phablet which is what I do now 😉.

Reactions: cairus

cairus

Jun 4, 2024
I have over 600 credits. I have also tested some of them on my vehicle. But everything that does not concern my vehicle is coded manually

Reactions: Tell

Paris

Sep 11, 2015
Paris (french)
Hello

after hours of testing, I've come to the conclusion that this MIB2 can't read video in any format!
I followed this tutorial step by step, without success!

I'm left with two solutions, either change the multimedia, I'm looking at a 9.2” for now, but I'm not sure it's compatible with my ateca.
because the measurements seem different:

or an adapter, less expensive
youtube netflix playback ok, but may be unable to play a te SD video? (no ? )

thank you for your feedback

Tell

Staff member
Hello

after hours of testing, I've come to the conclusion that this MIB2 can't read video in any format!
I followed this tutorial step by step, without success!

I'm left with two solutions, either change the multimedia, I'm looking at a 9.2” for now, but I'm not sure it's compatible with my ateca.
because the measurements seem different:

or an adapter, less expensive
youtube netflix playback ok, but may be unable to play a te SD video? (no ? )

thank you for your feedback
That video at the top is for a mib2 high that's the Discovery Pro / Columbus. I'd be careful about spending a lot of money.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.