From Scooby to Cupra

Aug 29, 2024
Hi folks, i just joined the forum. I sold my Subaru Legacy fast wagon recently. The Legacy forum was very helpful over the years with shared info, and it was extra helpful when it came to selling the car.

I hope this new wagon will be as good to drive as that one was, it is certainly as fast on paper.

I downloaded the user manual and I'm trying to take in 380 pages of info. Its certainly complex and modern :)

Anyway, just saying hello to the forum.
Pete

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
Hi and welcome. 310 is very quick off the mark, I find foot down from 50/60/70 no quicker than the chipped Octavia vRS I came from. Handles better though, I didn't have the variable damping, makes a big difference when cornering. I need some new tyres now though. What you getting and when do you pick it up?

Aug 29, 2024
Hi
It's a Cupra Leon plug in hybrid estate (used) and I hope to get it in a few days. The owner manual I downloaded is a bit OTT and includes all the models. So I will find out what is on the car when it arrives :)

245bhp and 7.7 seconds is identical to the Subaru. It's probably slightly smaller.

I will miss the howl of the flat six engine at 7000 revs - but I won't miss £650 car tax or 5 mpg on a cold engine around the village.

We already have a charging point so perhaps I can repay all the carbon I made in the past 12 years....

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Welcome to the forum.
I have a legacy too. Not a fast one, just a 2008 2.0 na.
Great car though as my daily motor.
Sure you’ll enjoy your new Cupra just as much.

Reactions: snaarman

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
Hi
It's a Cupra Leon plug in hybrid estate (used) and I hope to get it in a few days. The owner manual I downloaded is a bit OTT and includes all the models. So I will find out what is on the car when it arrives :)

245bhp and 7.7 seconds is identical to the Subaru. It's probably slightly smaller.

I will miss the howl of the flat six engine at 7000 revs - but I won't miss £650 car tax or 5 mpg on a cold engine around the village.

We already have a charging point so perhaps I can repay all the carbon I made in the past 12 years....
Evan as a car enthusiast I can't bring myself to reading 300+ pages of handbook. I should, because I'm sure I'd learn loads.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.