Service program LEON SE TSI EVO 1.5 petrol

Aug 16, 2024
Hi!

I have a second hand SEAT LEON SE TSI EVO (2019) 1.5 petrol - 5 years, 65.000 km (40k miles) - and I was looking for a link to download the official Service programme. Do you have any idea? I suppose that I have to replace the timing belt and water pump, but I needed to double check.

Thanks a lot!
Emma

Last edited:

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi!

I have a second hand SEAT LEON SE TSI EVO (2019) 1.5 petrol - 5 years, 65.000 km (40k miles) - and I was looking for a link to download the official Service programme. Do you have any idea? I suppose that I have to replace the timing belt and water pump, but I needed to double check.

Thanks a lot!
Emma
Assuming your engine is similar to the 1.4 version (which i'm sure it is), the water pump is on the other end of the engine to the timing belt and doesn't normally need routine replacement. The timing belt does not have a recommended change period, Seat say to check at around 10 years i think, but others on here may disagree :D

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Here is everything that might interest you:

1723822159101.png

1723822184697.png

1723822198245.png

1723822220265.png

Aug 16, 2024
Thank you very much @grabania ! As I do not fully understand all the above points ... is the "timing belt" the "toothed belt" or just the timing belt service is not included in the ordinary maintenance, like says @Walone ? Thank you for your time guys.

Last edited:

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Assuming your engine is similar to the 1.4 version (which i'm sure it is), the water pump is on the other end of the engine to the timing belt and doesn't normally need routine replacement. The timing belt does not have a recommended change period, Seat say to check at around 10 years i think, but others on here may disagree :D
If I was changing my cam belt I think I'd change the water pump at the same time anyway, I may even consider the main dealer as they offer 2 years warranty and I've heard of issues afterwards with warning lights coming on when done by independents, depends on price I guess as its not cheap on this engine at the dealers. Also depends how long you intend to keep the car.

If the water pump is at the opposite end to the drive/cam belt & aux belt, does the gearbox not get in the way? what runs the pump? or am I mis-understanding? For my 1.5 I can buy a timing belt kit which comes with the water pump?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
If I was changing my cam belt I think I'd change the water pump at the same time anyway, I may even consider the main dealer as they offer 2 years warranty and I've heard of issues afterwards with warning lights coming on when done by independents, depends on price I guess as its not cheap on this engine at the dealers. Also depends how long you intend to keep the car.

If the water pump is at the opposite end to the drive/cam belt & aux belt, does the gearbox not get in the way? what runs the pump? or am I mis-understanding? For my 1.5 I can buy a timing belt kit which comes with the water pump?
The water pump is driven by a toothed wheel at the end of one of the camshafts, at least it is on the 1.4 engine (CZEA).

Reactions: RUM4MO

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
The water pump is driven by a toothed wheel at the end of one of the camshafts, at least it is on the 1.4 engine (CZEA).
Did we not start changing water pumps when they introduced internal plastic impellors? as I don't remember replacing them years ago..

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Did we not start changing water pumps when they introduced internal plastic impellors? as I don't remember replacing them years ago..
No idea, I think the main reason to change the water pump is that if it's driven by the cambelt, then it would be prudent to change the pump at the same time as the belt.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
One big reason to change the water pump along with the cam belt, when it was driven by the cam belt was, the load on the water pump bearing was huge, now that the water pump, on all EA211 family of engines and maybe some others, is driven by its own small toothed belt by the "rear" of a cam shaft, the water pump can be made differently as the load on its bearing is only the load that its own drive belt exerts on it. In other words, it was the load of the cam belt that was killing the water pumps early and as changing the water pump, if left out when replacing the cam belt, just lead to paying for another cam belt change along with the failing water pump.

The plastic impellor fiasco seemed to come and go thankfully, on much earlier engines.

Reactions: G.P
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members