PSI question

Feb 13, 2023
I've always had my tyres set at 32 front and back, a few weeks ago I took my car in for mot and service and after picking up within a few minutes I was getting a tyre pressure warning light. I thought I'd got a puncture. I checked the tyre and it was pumped up way more than usual. My front tyres had gone upto 42 and my rears were both 37. Why would the garage make them so much more?

For reference this is what is suggested. Its a 2016 seat leon fr
Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 15.08.34.png

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Stupid garage. 32 and 29 look good to me. Most garages have set tyre pressures noted somewhere for certain makes n models. Someone’s must’ve looked at the wrong ones. Have you spoke to the garage?

Feb 13, 2023
Stupid garage. 32 and 29 look good to me. Most garages have set tyre pressures noted somewhere for certain makes n models. Someone’s must’ve looked at the wrong ones. Have you spoke to the garage?
No I just put them back to how they were previously, it's a local garage I've always been to but thats never happened before.

ARH

Jul 12, 2024
Its pretty standard for garages and tyre fitters to just pump all tyres to about 40 psi these days. Had new tyres on mine and they were set to 40 psi.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
When I took delivery of my current car, the tyre pressure of three of the tyres was correct. However……….one had been left at the transit pressure of 50psi! 😮.

I was aware when my car went in for service last year that the tyre pressures were a couple of psi down on what they should be. I assumed they’d be checked and inflated to the correct pressure during the service but no, they were still 2 psi lower than they should’ve been when I checked them the following day.

Seems that tyre pressures are overlooked by some dealerships……..🤔

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members