Leon Hybrid Indentification ?

Jul 21, 2024
Can someone help please, I'm confused, whilst searching Leons I've come across Leon 1.0 eTSI FR 5dr DSG which in its description contains the word Hybrid.

Now I understand that other Leon FRs have the description PHEW mated with the 1.4 engine, with a visible electric chargeing point on the passengers side wing.

My question is the Leon 1.0 eTSI FR 5dr DSG really got a higher power battery, making it Hybrid or what ?
I have looked at several photos of eTSI Leons but cannot see any signs of a possible charging flap like on the phew models.

Thank you

bells0

Jul 15, 2024
Leeds/Bradford
It's a 'mild' hybrid. Has a small battery under the front seats to help with saving fuel whilst coasting and cutting off the engine.

So no plug in

Jul 21, 2024
Thanks for that bells0,

Presumably then, that battery is charged like the normal one in the engine compartment.

bells0

Jul 15, 2024
Leeds/Bradford
Thanks for that bells0,

Presumably then, that battery is charged like the normal one in the engine compartment.
Only had my car 2 weeks, but seems it regens on braking. The car also shuts down 2 cylinders at low revs. I've swapped from a 1.5 3cy Mini Cooper due to being too small - i've got the 1.5etsi and it gets way better mpg than the Mini!

Sure an expert will chime in on how it all works soon.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
It has a beefed up alternator, but no starter motor. The alternator starts the engine then pulls it forward with the engine during acceleration, during deceleration it recharges the 48v battery under the driver's seat.

I like the fuel economy, if you drive it right by lift & coast, getting 50mpg with a brand new engine is a new one for me. Not so sure about the smoothness though, it gets quite jerky as the DSG and regen slow the car then you need to jump on the brake when it all cuts out just before you come to a stop.

Reactions: Stepdey and bells0
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.