Car mats

iainbert

May 10, 2024
Ayrshire
Has anyone got any recommendations for car mats?
My fabric ones are now showing signs of death, so looking to replace them.

I've a fr estate incase that make a difference

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
+1 for rubber mats; highly durable and hard wearing and none of that sogginess you get with wet carpet mats when the weather’s bad.

I’ve had a set of rubber mats in my car since new four years ago and with a quick wipe over they always look like new. I also quite like the utilitarian look of rubber mats. Also, they have a raised lip around the edges so any wetness, snow or slush brought into the car on occupants footwear stays trapped on the mat until you tip it off outside the car.

LeylandVCDS

Apr 20, 2015
Leyland, Lancashire
+1 for rubber mats; highly durable and hard wearing and none of that sogginess you get with wet carpet mats when the weather’s bad.
The Leon is a bad car for condensation in the winter too, and having rubber mats that can be dried off quickly does help when the carpets stay dry. The ones in the link I gave above are absolutely spot on in fitment, and are now in the second Leon, still going strong

Attachments

• 20200513_180717.jpg
    20200513_180717.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200513_180644.jpg
    20200513_180644.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 20200513_180658.jpg
    20200513_180658.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: H Rafiq and SRGTD

The-Cupra

Mar 6, 2024
Thanks for the link, think I will order some (y)

i have these, keep the car very clean, catch dirt and look great. unlike other matts if you have dirt/dust on your shoes it gets caught in the little sections and doesnt move around the matt or make its way to the where the carpet meets the matt edge.

iv had many people comment on the matts and how nice they look.

Reactions: Walone

MDBB152

Apr 29, 2022
I bought a set of genuine rubber ones from Cox Motors - got discount as well as they’re a scn sponsor, about £50 delivered

Aug 12, 2024
I bought a set of kovvar mats. They have rubber and cloth mats for most models. They are a bit thinner than the rubber mats in my Audi but the look good and fit well in the Seat!

Aug 14, 2024
I bought a set of genuine rubber ones from Cox Motors - got discount as well as they’re a scn sponsor, about £50 delivered
Is there a discount code available somewhere on the site? (Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm a newb!)

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK

i have these, keep the car very clean, catch dirt and look great. unlike other matts if you have dirt/dust on your shoes it gets caught in the little sections and doesnt move around the matt or make its way to the where the carpet meets the matt edge.

iv had many people comment on the matts and how nice they look.
I've just bought some of these so thanks for the heads up. Very smart. My last fabric set had rubbish clips so moved all over the place under the pedals. These sit nice and snug and look great. Good shout 👍

Reactions: The-Cupra

The-Cupra

Mar 6, 2024
I've just bought some of these so thanks for the heads up. Very smart. My last fabric set had rubbish clips so moved all over the place under the pedals. These sit nice and snug and look great. Good shout 👍
They look really good dont they! You're welcome mate.

Reactions: BillyCool

ARH

Jul 12, 2024
About 10 years ago I bought some of these for our old Lexus RX.

About 3 months ago I put then in the replacement Volvo, the drivers mat is showing a little wear after 65k miles, but nothing unsightly. I have since bought a set for the Leon. They need to be trimmed but look fine if you cut carefully with a sharp knife.

You need rubber mats round here as everywhere is covered in mud during the winter.

MDBB152

Apr 29, 2022
Is there a discount code available somewhere on the site? (Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm a newb!)
if you click on the cox motors part of the forum there is a post there which tells you exactly what to do👍

Last edited:
Reactions: Sile_FR18
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members