• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here
  • Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Missing Pure engine sound option

Jul 15, 2024
Hello! I have a 2021 Formentor 310bhp and had manually disconnected the soundaktor as it was really annoying. I found out that there should be a Pure engine sound option under the individual settings, but it's not there, even after reconnecting the soundaktor. Has anyone encountered this issue? Could it be that at the time the OTA update to enable it rolled out, it was disconnected and so the option was not enabled? Cheers!

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
Hello! I have a 2021 Formentor 310bhp and had manually disconnected the soundaktor as it was really annoying. I found out that there should be a Pure engine sound option under the individual settings, but it's not there, even after reconnecting the soundaktor. Has anyone encountered this issue? Could it be that at the time the OTA update to enable it rolled out, it was disconnected and so the option was not enabled? Cheers!
I'm in a similar situation but my assumption is that this is a feature that only newer Formentors got.

I doubt OTA update would be that smart to not add an option because soundaktor was disconnected.

Reactions: eg1l5

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
The "Pure" engine sound is available on the Golf 8 - an MQB-Evo platform vehicle, like the Formentor. However, I've not seen anything online to suggest "Pure" can be long-coded onto the Formentor, but I can see why the theory exists.

Yes the "Pure" mode is supposedly returning for the facelift 2025 Formentor.

Best solution for OG Formentor is to buy OBD11 and adjust soundaktor volume. Imo 50% is perfect as the OPF exhaust is very quiet, the soundaktor plays an important role in giving some audio feedback for revs. 50% is at parity with the real acoustics, and you can use "Sport" as a replacement for "Pure" which had around 25% soundaktor volume. (Also reduced further by OBD11)

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
The "Pure" engine sound is available on the Golf 8 - an MQB-Evo platform vehicle, like the Formentor. However, I've not seen anything online to suggest "Pure" can be long-coded onto the Formentor (I can see why the theory exists).

Yes the "Pure" mode is supposedly returning for the facelift 2025 Formentor.

Best solution for OG Formentor is to buy OBD11 Pro and adjust soundaktor volume. Imo 50% is perfect as the OPF exhaust is very quiet, the soundaktor plays a role here. 50% is at parity with the real acoustics, and you can use "Sport" as a replacement for "Pure" which had around 25% soundaktor volume. (Also reduced further by OBD11)
No, some Formentors definitely DO have this option - which disables sound aktor.

But it showed up only on newer built cars.

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
No, some Formentors definitely DO have this option - which disables sound aktor.

But it showed up only on newer built cars.

Oh really? Well now I'm just disappointed in the continued enhancements that aren't being passed backwards - especially when it's literally one of the only benefits of OTA updates. :(

Delanor

Aug 9, 2022
So how does a pure engine option sound its it just a louder exhaust note sound or something.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
So how does a pure engine option sound its it just a louder exhaust note sound or something.
Sounds just like the sound in Comfort mode, not vreally something different.
Mine is a 04/2022 VZ and has it under Individual settings.

Reactions: KJA