Transmission grinding noise

Jul 3, 2024
DK
This is the car: Seat Leon (FR) KL ST, "Sportstourer", PHEV, 1.4TSI, 7-stage DSG.
2021 / 60.000Km. The DSG transmission works very well in Combustion engine drive.
However, I am worried about a particular noise during accel. from standstill in Electric engine drive.
This noise occur both in E-drive only and hybrid (just before C-drive kicks in).
In the first few seconds it sounds exactly like a gearbox with no oil (rough grind), but only with hot engine.
When cold, the sound is much more subtle.
All service inspections are fulfilled. In two cases they (allegedly) changed the DSG transmission oil.
I assume there ALSO is a reduction gear/mechanical clutch between the E-drive and the DSG part of the transmission ?
If this is the case does this have a seperate oil fill ??
Any other clues ?

Jul 4, 2024
This is the car: Seat Leon (FR) KL ST, "Sportstourer", PHEV, 1.4TSI, 7-stage DSG.
2021 / 60.000Km. The DSG transmission works very well in Combustion engine drive.
However, I am worried about a particular noise during accel. from standstill in Electric engine drive.
This noise occur both in E-drive only and hybrid (just before C-drive kicks in).
In the first few seconds it sounds exactly like a gearbox with no oil (rough grind), but only with hot engine.
When cold, the sound is much more subtle.
All service inspections are fulfilled. In two cases they (allegedly) changed the DSG transmission oil.
I assume there ALSO is a reduction gear/mechanical clutch between the E-drive and the DSG part of the transmission ?
If this is the case does this have a seperate oil fill ??
Any other clues ?
Hey there.

My leon phev has 61000km.
It has that same noise that you describe and I notice that it only occurs or it's only audible on the first gears, when switching from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd.
Just did the 60000km maintenance which includes dsg oil and filters, it helped a little bit but the noise it's still there in some ocasions, specially after driving for some time.
Once I've complained to the workshop but they never pointed out what it could be and did not gave much importance.
On my opinion it may be related to some sort of coupling between the electric and the ICE.
Hope anyone had this experience and could give you better information, but I just wanted you to know that you're not alone on that fight :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise