Car alarm going off even when driving.

May 19, 2024
Hi all.

Just had a weird one unlocked car mk4 tdi car alarm sounded. Locked and unlocked car but would not stop . Drove for about 3 mins then the alarm stopped. Hope I didn't look like a car thief. Lol

Anyone had issue like this was thinking possible battery issue.i do long commute daily so hopefully battery gets a charge.

Ps love the car

Reactions: TheSwede

Tippex

Mar 2, 2024
London
Similar thing happened to me. Enthusiastic family member yanked the door handle before I unlocked the car which triggered the alarm. For the life of me there was nothing I could do to stop it. I must admit I didn't try getting in an driving it. It continued going off in cycles. I went and got the spare key, tried that - no joy. I then held spare the key in the cup holder and pressed the unlock at which point it stopped. It could be coincidental as it had probably been going off for around 3-4 minutes by this point and maybe that's when it gives up. Locked the car - opened it and then drove off and it was OK.
Next time I'm at the dealership I'll ask about it.

Reactions: MK4TDI
May 19, 2024
Hi tippex

I appreciate the reply, not happened since but will try the key in the cupholder if it does.

I will get my battery checked when back with the dealer.

Thanks

Aug 19, 2024
Similar thing happened to me. Enthusiastic family member yanked the door handle before I unlocked the car which triggered the alarm. For the life of me there was nothing I could do to stop it. I must admit I didn't try getting in an driving it. It continued going off in cycles. I went and got the spare key, tried that - no joy. I then held spare the key in the cup holder and pressed the unlock at which point it stopped. It could be coincidental as it had probably been going off for around 3-4 minutes by this point and maybe that's when it gives up. Locked the car - opened it and then drove off and it was OK.
Next time I'm at the dealership I'll ask about rena monrovia when you transport something by car ....
Has anyone experienced a similar issue? I’m thinking it might be a battery problem. I do long commutes daily, so I’m hoping the battery gets a good charge.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.