• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Little square shaped lights around reading light

Jun 25, 2024
Hi guys, new on the forum here. Bought myself a Cupra phev 245 HP from 2021. Really happy with it. I have read pretty much everything there is to read and googled extensively. But apparently nobody is bothered by it. I am tho :). Maybe somebody knows the answer.

You have these sort of ambiance lights, square shaped around the reading lights on the roof panel. They are constantly on at night and I would like to turn them off or at least dim them. Is that possible and how? I looked at every option in the menus. Thanks!

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
Yes I agree
They are very bright at night

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
Strange mine don't light up. I'm sure they have in the past but cant switch them on now. So I'm no help at all 🤣

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
Strange mine don't light up. I'm sure they have in the past but cant switch them on now. So I'm no help at all
Sounds like you console is faulty they should come on at night ,I had any issue with the buttons and it was replaced under warranty

dazed

Mar 28, 2022
Sounds like you console is faulty they should come on at night ,I had any issue with the buttons and it was replaced under warranty

To be fair I only tried them earlier in the garage, ignition on and lights on (auto) I will keep an eye out next time I'm driving at night. All other buttons are working fine, so I will live without the over bright lights 🙂
Sorry Metchu i know this isn't helping you

Jun 25, 2024
Haha no it's not. I was hoping I wasn't the only one (which is the case) but you can't turn them off unfortunately so it seems. In a bmw you can.... Maybe coding it is an option? Anybody out there that knows?

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Just don't look UP 🤣
Joke apart I don't find it bright.
Infact interior is bit dark for my liking in night time, I wish they had put more LEDs like cup holder, rear of the car is totally dark no ambient light no foot well light.
But that's my impression.

Jones2020

Jul 14, 2023
You can dim them by dimming the brightness in your infotainment system. Press notification thingie on right corner, you will have a brightness bar. But it will dim everything (cockpit, individual white lights on your steering wheel, window switches etc)

Jun 25, 2024
You can dim them by dimming the brightness in your infotainment system. Press notification thingie on right corner, you will have a brightness bar. But it will dim everything (cockpit, individual white lights on your steering wheel, window switches etc)
Thanks so much! That's great. I will have long nightly drives with the family this summer to our destination, so this is a big help.

Jun 25, 2024

Thanks for this, it works perfect!!

Reactions: Jones2020
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.