• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

RLHS Sensor Retrofit

Jun 20, 2024
My car comes with a humidity sensor only and I wanted to retrofit an RLHS (rain, light, humidity sensor) and I believe I have all the correct parts for my model(Seat Leon FR year 2015).

I had a friend help me install the sensor and everything went great, we used the special silicone gel for sensors and installed it. Auto wipers worked but auto lights needed coding to be enabled so I didn’t install the light switch that has an auto function for now.

Only problem which I noticed later is that the car thinks the windshield is fogged all the time. I have a message in the start-stop system that it is disabled due to “Fogging hazard on windshield”.

Has anyone ran into a similar problem, because I wasn’t able to find anything online? I believe it could be that the silicone gel is not yet set since it hasn’t even been 24 hours since we installed, but if anyone has any insight please share

parts used:

Attachments

• IMG_2873.jpeg
    IMG_2873.jpeg
    469.8 KB · Views: 57
Jun 20, 2024
Do you have any fault codes? For example, for the humidity sensor? It’s possible the sensor you bought is defective

The humidity sensor is the small ribbon cable at the bottom of the windscreen
No we hooked up the car to a computer and it didn’t have any fault codes. Just the message from the auto-stop system

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.