• Formentor members, we are testing a new feature requiring selection of a model year when posting - more info here

Hybrid delivery delays

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
Ah Leaseplan, the company who like to remove the factory mats and replace with their own junk toilet paper thick quality mats. Is it your worth plan that is poor or rather the UK BIK/P11D system that is poor? You may have asked but would it be better for your company to move to a car allowance process instead and eventually move away from Leaseplan contracts. You save money, they save money. Win win.

October 21 - May 23, in some cases a new facelifted model could have been released. Crazy isn't it. I remember before going to a Peter Kay show in Dublin and it was 18 months after I paid for it. He joked "imagine, people who bought tickets for those two empty seats there could be dead already, sorry for the delay"
Why do they take out the mats and what do they do with them - seems odd. Do all Formentors come with nice Mats normally - I have VZ2 on order and I want my proper mats :-D

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
I really envy your patience.
I really don't think I will wait beyond Nov-Dec 2022: if in the meantime they confirm the release of the Alfa Romeo Tonale eHybrid 275hp (PHEV and 4wheels drive) I will cancel the order without a second thought....
Wont that be a huge difference in price?

KCH1nd

Jun 11, 2022
Our recently revised lease for a VZ2 hybrid now has a confirmed build slot week beginning the 24th of April and we have been advised of a mid June delivery.

D_dott

Oct 18, 2022
Our recently revised lease for a VZ2 hybrid now has a confirmed build slot week beginning the 24th of April and we have been advised of a mid June delivery.
I have exactly the same confirmed build week last i chased them for my VZ2 Hybrid when did you order yours?

KCH1nd

Jun 11, 2022
I have exactly the same confirmed build week last i chased them for my VZ2 Hybrid when did you order yours?
We actually ordered a V2 hybrid in Sep 21 and last month a cancelled customer order for a VZ2 came up, we enquired about it and the lease company assured us it had an earlier build slot than our V2 so we switched over. I cant believe we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel haha. when was yours ordered?

D_dott

Oct 18, 2022
We actually ordered a V2 hybrid in Sep 21 and last month a cancelled customer order for a VZ2 came up, we enquired about it and the lease company assured us it had an earlier build slot than our V2 so we switched over. I cant believe we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel haha. when was yours ordered?
My order was Nov 21. So i hope im looking at the same light at the end of the same tunnel as you lol

Apr 21, 2023
I love your optimism as I ordered VZ2 hybrid on April 22nd 2022, initial delivery time Sept 22. 4x delayed, latest delivery scheduled to Week 18 2023 but production not confirmed so another delay in sight and expected date. 20 hybrids with uncofirmed deliveries just at my dealership. Other than hybrids, deliveries are OK though

Jul 13, 2022
After more disappointing updates on the car, a year has officially passed since ordering and I’ve cancelled my order. Instead I’ve ordered a BMW 3 Series hybrid 330e M Sport in Brooklyn grey. Delivery within 3 months for the same price. All the best to you all, maybe one day in the future I’ll own a Formentor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RJP

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
After more disappointing updates on the car, a year has officially passed since ordering and I’ve cancelled my order. Instead I’ve ordered a BMW 3 Series hybrid 330e M Sport in Brooklyn grey. Delivery within 3 months for the same price. All the best to you all, maybe one day in the future I’ll own a Formentor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Might not be a bad thing with the glitchy software on the Cupra. The BMW X1 25e rental I was in had superb infotainment. Enjoy.

Mar 7, 2023
Hi everyone. Uk order - I ordered a vz2 cupra Leon estate with no extras through pendragon (company lease hire company) last April - every time I enquire I get nothing back. Frustration doesn't even cut it!

How long did everyone else wait for their motor?

vee_cee

Dec 22, 2022
Hi everyone. Uk order - I ordered a vz2 cupra Leon estate with no extras through pendragon (company lease hire company) last April - every time I enquire I get nothing back. Frustration doesn't even cut it!

I'm currently on 85 weeks (ordered a standard VZ2 Cupra Leon PHEV October 2021 via company lease) and "Still Waiting Build, waiting on parts" has been the update for the last 3 months!

Reactions: LongWeight

D_dott

Oct 18, 2022

Vz2 hybrid ordered nov 2021 and still not received it. Last update 2-3 weeks ago it was being built est delivery june. Been a long hard wait i hope its worth it

Mar 7, 2023
Vz2 hybrid ordered nov 2021 and still not received it. Last update 2-3 weeks ago it was being built est delivery june. Been a long hard wait i hope its worth it
This is my train of thought too. I better bloody love the car! I have seen that the infotainment is a bit shoddy though...

D_dott

Oct 18, 2022
This is my train of thought too. I better bloody love the car! I have seen that the infotainment is a bit shoddy though...
Iv got a 19plate leon cupra 290 at the moment that was due to go back over a year ago. I ordered the VZ2 hybrid 245 formentor to save money on fuel and hopefully still have a bit of performance too. Iv never driven one so hopefully im not disappointed when it finally comes

Mar 7, 2023
Iv got a 19plate leon cupra 290 at the moment that was due to go back over a year ago. I ordered the VZ2 hybrid 245 formentor to save money on fuel and hopefully still have a bit of performance too. Iv never driven one so hopefully im not disappointed when it finally comes
A friend of mine had the Cupra 290 too, he loved it. I reckon it will drive pretty well, given it's all VW. It's just when you wait so long, it makes your expectations get higher and higher.

Reactions: D_dott
Apr 21, 2023
VZ2 hybrid ordered April 2022, production confirmed finally now with delivery beg. July. Still there is significant Formentor hybrid backlog just at my local dealership.

Reactions: D_dott
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.