New owner - few issues!

May 4, 2022
Hi guys,

new owner of a seat Leon 2011 fr+ 2.0 tdi, nice car but a bit of a dog with a few issues! So any advice would be much appreciated.

it’s a cat D write off from 2017, damage to the offside door, which is where the issues stem from!

1. the key fob unlocks all the doors, but only intermittently unlocks the offside door (the replaced one), is this an ECU issue or something more simple?

2. The offside door is very creaky when opening/closing - it is from the little notches next to the door sill, is this an easy remedy? I’ve tried to use silicone spray but to no avail.

but other than that, I can’t think of too many more issues, it’s a nice car to drive and I believe it has been remapped since it’s got a little oomf about it…

380bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Hi mate does that door line up the same as the drivers door gaps? It might be tweaked at the hinges from the crash and not straight putting more stress in the hinge and causing it to run metal on metal. Can you send a photo of the hinges?

May 4, 2022
Hi mate does that door line up the same as the drivers door gaps? It might be tweaked at the hinges from the crash and not straight putting more stress in the hinge and causing it to run metal on metal. Can you send a photo of the hinges?
C9B3A77D-4D7C-45C3-AFA5-19C1A7250AC0.jpeg

Hi I have attached a pic

380bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
View attachment 31552
Hi I have attached a pic
Hi are you the one who repaired the door? It was it done before the car was sold to you? Doesn’t look as bad as I was expecting mate. Tuff one without being there in person to help. If spray grease didn’t help I’m out of ideas now sorry.

You did spray all context surfaces didn’t you? From the 3 stoppers at the bottom including the bar they use and the pivot points of the door especially inbetween the gaps of the bracket to the pin that holds the hinge together?

May 4, 2022
Hi are you the one who repaired the door? It was it done before the car was sold to you? Doesn’t look as bad as I was expecting mate. Tuff one without being there in person to help. If spray grease didn’t help I’m out of ideas now sorry.

You did spray all context surfaces didn’t you? From the 3 stoppers at the bottom including the bar they use and the pivot points of the door especially inbetween the gaps of the bracket to the pin that holds the hinge together?
Thank you, I tried silicone spray but no use, would you recommend anything more? It seems to crack on each stopper

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
White lithium grease. Try a spray as it's easier but a tube/tub should be more effective although harder to apply.
On my older car it had white lithium on it but I freshened it up with a can of silicone spray and it actually created a squeak/creak.

380bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Thank you, I tried silicone spray but no use, would you recommend anything more? It seems to crack on each stopper
To be honest that’s what I would have used too mate. Is there anyway you can slightly bend the bar that locks into the 3 little door stop parts so it has less force pushing it if that makes sense? Also maybe wire brush off the 3 stoppers so they are bare metal and then reuse your grease to stop it rusting etc. it’s a tuff one as normal they aren’t noisy but grease will stop if they do get noisey. That’s why I think something is misaligned buddy.

Dan-FR

Jul 25, 2020
Leicester
1. the key fob unlocks all the doors, but only intermittently unlocks the offside door (the replaced one), is this an ECU issue or something more simple?

Intermittent unlocking issue is really common on this shape leon. The locking mechanisms is encased in a plastic housing which is filled with grease. The grease goes hard and stiff over time, thus stopping the mechanism from moving freely.

The "fix" is quite an easy one.

- using a plastic trim tool, flat screwdriver or a butter knife, leaver off the carpeted panel of the inner door trim.

- locate a white / cream coloured lock housing, fixed inside the door edge, inside where the lock would be.

- using a drill, very carefully drill a hole in this plastic box at the highest point you can reach. Being careful not to penetrate any of the internals of the lock.

- use some wd40 or similar with a straw attachment, blast generous amounts of WD40 into the housing.

- shut the door and work the lock (lock and unlock with remote)

- when initially working the lock, itll probably be a case of; lock with the key, then pull inner handle to unlock. After a few repeats of this, the lock will usually free up.

There are a couple of YouTube videos on this method of repair as it is a common issue as said