Hey!

Koulou

Apr 11, 2022
London, UK
Hey folks,

I recently bought a second hand 2016 Seat Leon FR 1.4 TSI DSG.

It is my first car with automatic transmission. I've been a massive fan of manuals, but I had to... compromise a bit, as I will be sharing the car with my missus, who hasn't even driven a manual car for ~20 years. To be honest, I like the gearbox more than I was expecting. With BMW's 8-speed gearbox, I find it much better than all the automatic ones I've driven. Between us, driving in London makes it even better... ;)

I've covered ~1K miles in two weeks, and I really like it so far. I do have a couple of questions - thoughts, but I'll use the relevant forums to address those.

Cheers

Last edited:

Koulou

Apr 11, 2022
London, UK
Cheers, @jcbmally :)

Yes and no... I mean, I've driven other modern automatic cars that I didn't like that much. Especially CVTs suck IMO 🤮

I do understand that this is a matter of personal taste though. For others, CVTs might be the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Cheers, @jcbmally :)

Yes and no... I mean, I've driven other modern automatic cars that I didn't like that much. Especially CVTs suck IMO 🤮

I do understand that this is a matter of personal taste though. For others, CVTs might be the best.
CVT’s are tat, DSG and the ZF in bimmers are all good imo. You’ll love it buddy.

Reactions: Koulou

Koulou

Apr 11, 2022
London, UK
CVT’s are tat, DSG and the ZF in bimmers are all good imo. You’ll love it buddy.
Cheers fella. I do like it a lot for now.

My only complaint about the DSG is the significantly slow gear_downs. I'm used to decelerating by shifting down, and it seems that DSG needs a long time to shift down the first gear. It might be a matter of getting used to it. Only time can tell.

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Cheers fella. I do like it a lot for now.

My only complaint about the DSG is the significantly slow gear_downs. I'm used to decelerating by shifting down, and it seems that DSG needs a long time to shift down the first gear. It might be a matter of getting used to it. Only time can tell.
The gearbox will “learn” your driving mate. They are a good box (y)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.