Which headlight bulbs

Marcustandy

Leon FR
Apr 18, 2021
Glasgow
Guys I have a seat Leon mk5 fr, which I think has led headlights, I have bought some h7 bulbs from Halfords but can’t seem to get the original ones out, I can turn the bulb and get it part way out but won’t come anymore, some help with this would be greatly appropriated, ps happy new year.

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Guys I have a seat Leon mk5 fr, which I think has led headlights, I have bought some h7 bulbs from Halfords but can’t seem to get the original ones out, I can turn the bulb and get it part way out but won’t come anymore, some help with this would be greatly appropriated, ps happy new year.
If you have led lights they are not replaceable my friend.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
@Marcustandy

Post a picture of your headlights so that it can be confirmed if you do have the LED lights/which model of Leon you have. I assume you meant Mk3.5 (aka face lifted Mk3)?

If you do have the full LED headlight units, then the individual LEDs can’t be replaced as it is a sealed unit; however, it may be possible for the light beam to be adjusted.

Marcustandy

Leon FR
Apr 18, 2021
Glasgow
@Marcustandy

Post a picture of your headlights so that it can be confirmed if you do have the LED lights/which model of Leon you have. I assume you meant Mk3.5 (aka face lifted Mk3)?

If you do have the full LED headlight units, then the individual LEDs can’t be replaced as it is a sealed unit; however, it may be possible for the light beam to be adjusted.
I’m not sure if it’s the facelift, I think it is. It’s a 2015 2.0 Tdi fr. il post some pics tomorrow, almost sure it is facelift and leds I tried removing the bulb and it didn’t look like a standard h7 bulb.

Reactions: black_sheep

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I’m not sure if it’s the facelift, I think it is. It’s a 2015 2.0 Tdi fr. il post some pics tomorrow, almost sure it is facelift and leds I tried removing the bulb and it didn’t look like a standard h7 bulb.
A 2015 Mk3 Leon will be the pre-facelift. Facelifts we’re from 2017.

We’ll take a look at the pics tomorrow.

Marcustandy

Leon FR
Apr 18, 2021
Glasgow
dd1410a5749a207553cf081a750bf720.jpg

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
No the LEDs are part of a sealed unit - if any fail you need to replace the entire headlight unit.

I’ve had a number of mates that have tinted the front lenses, only to remove it quickly afterwards.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Take the film off.
Darkening the lens then wanting brighter lights is counterproductive.
Agree.

Each to their own, but I‘m personally not a fan of the tinted headlamp look, and for safety’s sake I want to be able to see where I’m going and also be visible to other road users.

Just my opinion though…….

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise