• Guest would you be interested in CUPRA or SEAT valve caps? let us know in the poll

• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Powerflex Lower Dogbone Mount Insert Kit - Rattle

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
Apologies if there is already a similar, I’ve had a look but can’t find any information.

I fitted a Powerflex Lower Dogbone Mount Insert today with a new bolt, torqued to 130nm + 90 degree but I now have a rattle about 4k rpm to redline when accelerating hard, if I accelerate slowly or just drive along it doesn’t happen, I was expecting some vibration and there is a small amount, I was thinking leave it a week and see if it beds in and if its still there remove it and drive without it and if that cures it just leave it out, just wondering if any was has experienced similar and found a fix?

adam davies

Dec 30, 2019
Apologies if there is already a similar, I’ve had a look but can’t find any information.

I fitted a Powerflex Lower Dogbone Mount Insert today with a new bolt, torqued to 130nm + 90 degree but I now have a rattle about 4k rpm to redline when accelerating hard, if I accelerate slowly or just drive along it doesn’t happen, I was expecting some vibration and there is a small amount, I was thinking leave it a week and see if it beds in and if its still there remove it and drive without it and if that cures it just leave it out, just wondering if any was has experienced similar and found a fix?
I havent had any vibration at 4k. Only vibration felt is at idle or reverse gear. Are you sure yo put the correct insert in as there are two versions not including the durometer/color

Holdup

Aug 28, 2009
Kent
I havent had any vibration at 4k. Only vibration felt is at idle or reverse gear. Are you sure yo put the correct insert in as there are two versions not including the durometer/color
I’ve got the idle and reverse vibration which isn’t too bad, the insert went in with no real issues, was a bit stiff but was the right one I checked it fitted round the mount before pushing it in, its weird it only happens when accelerating hard, I drove down the motorway at a constant speed and not a single rattle, I’m wondering if it’s exhaust related, I’m thinking I’ll just remove it tonight.

Hi Holdup, I've just ordered one of these, do you have the part number for the bolt by any chance?
I got the part number from the guide section on here, its N912 010 01, I checked before fitting and both bolts looked the same

Reactions: Woody_72
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise