Do shortened shocks affect ride height?

Feb 10, 2020
i put a set of coilovers in my leon, and the front looks great but the back still sits a bit high for me
i’ve seen people on facebook say shortened shocks will drop it more but from what i know i thought it’s only springs that determine ride height
anyone have any experience with this? 615BE2D7-ABD7-4EC8-B4E4-DAE195BA24C2.jpeg

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Springs determine ride height

You won't be that low that you are running on the bump stops. I would advise you cut down your bumstops by an inch or so anyways.
Did the coilovers not come with the rear shocks?

Another thing you can do is remove the rear adjuster collar so you are running with the spring only but upon jacking the car up the spring can pop out, not really ideal or very safe but i have done it previously back in the day

Or if you screw the adjuster collar ring right off that will give you an extra 5-10mm upon what you have right now

Feb 10, 2020
Springs determine ride height

You won't be that low that you are running on the bump stops. I would advise you cut down your bumstops by an inch or so anyways.
Did the coilovers not come with the rear shocks?

Another thing you can do is remove the rear adjuster collar so you are running with the spring only but upon jacking the car up the spring can pop out, not really ideal or very safe but i have done it previously back in the day

Or if you screw the adjuster collar ring right off that will give you an extra 5-10mm upon what you have right now
yeah they came with rear shocks but i don’t think they’re much shorter than the stock ones, if shorter at all

and i was thinking of taking the adjusters out aye as they sit like that stock, just need to be careful

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
yeah they came with rear shocks but i don’t think they’re much shorter than the stock ones, if shorter at all

and i was thinking of taking the adjusters out aye as they sit like that stock, just need to be careful
But to confirm your original question shorter shocks will not lower the car

The ride height is determined by the spring

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise