Introducing myself and my Seat Leon Cupra R (and Cupra Ateca)

Oct 22, 2019
Switzerland
Hello guys!

I'm Sam from Switzerland and looking forward to exchanging and learning on this forum.
As you can see in the title, I'm proud owner of a Seat Leon Cupra R in grey matte with manual transmission.
Car is stock, here attached are some photos I took when it was brand new (now I have 40K km on it).

I did install the resonator delete, the sound was just epic. Unfortunately I removed it because highway at 130km/h is not comfortable (and now with a baby is not ideal :yelcard:). But I will install next month a "kind of" resonator delete with valves (actionable with remote controller), I let you know what it's worth.
I'm keen on talking about "back pressure" or how you could affect performance negatively by modifying the stock exhaust. This is also why I'm here, to learn a lot more on mechanic and engineering.

For those who want to hear the sound of with the resonator delete you can find the video here:
#AK47Cupra :rifle:

PS: My wife just recently got the Cupra Ateca in grey with Brembo brakes. Have no photos yet but will post in a recent future :)

Attachments

• CR1.jpg
    CR1.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 202
  • CR2.jpg
    CR2.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 239
  • CR3.jpg
    CR3.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 198

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Herzlich willkommen

Cool to see another mainlander on here

Beautiful Cupra! I find my exhaust puts the baby girl to sleep on drives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Depends who speaks haha. But the rule is everyone speaks English when possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well then slap me hard and call me dirty...

Can I join? I’m only a part of a WhatsApp group here in Germany, but I’m American so i would prefer English anyway.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I'm not admin of the group, but it's intended to gather all 799 MK3 Cupra R owner "only". :oops:

Ah understood... I’ll just cry myself home while I drive my non mk3 Cupra R

I have an extremely rare mk1 Cupra 4 (4wd 20v 1.8t), I would have a new Cupra R if they offered 4wd in the normal hatchback and not the silly station wagon... but then I think it would outsell the golf R so they don’t do it...

Thanks anyway mate!

Oct 22, 2019
Switzerland
Ah understood... I’ll just cry myself home while I drive my non mk3 Cupra R

I have an extremely rare mk1 Cupra 4 (4wd 20v 1.8t), I would have a new Cupra R if they offered 4wd in the normal hatchback and not the silly station wagon... but then I think it would outsell the golf R so they don’t do it...

Thanks anyway mate!

Haha!
Yep agree with you and indeed it would be cannibalism :)
Thanks to you again for the warm welcome.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members