MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
1545_712163_1_1l9a.jpg

And finally a Magnetic Grey one... this one pleases me in particular as I have ordered one of these...

Hopefully 'LS26' will take some photos of his over the weekend?

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
H1) How much do SEAT charge to service the Cupra 300 ST in years 1 and 2, and how quickly owners have been getting through tyres (and how much they are paying for new ones)?

2) If you don't have KESSY do you actually have to put the key in the ignition? Also none of the 300 Cupra ST's appear to have a reversing camera. What's going on?

3) How are the LED lights at night?

4) Does it need Super unleaded petrol?

5) When did the 7 speed DSG gearbox get added?

1) SEAT charge £169 in the 1st year and £289 in the 2nd. The diff and gearbox also need servicing but not until years 3 & 4 respectively.

Regarding tyres, how long is a piece of string? This will heavily depend on the tyres fitted and your driving style. Most cars come with Continental Sport Contact 5, which are rubbish. Many people only get 5-8,000 miles out of them. For a Cupra, the best tyres by far are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. These often last 15,000 miles. Typical prices have been £160 for the Continentals and £185 for the Michelins but Black Circles are currently selling Michelins for the same price as the Continentals, which would be a no-brainer. Does your contract allow you to choose the tyres?

2) KESSY only comes with the Cupra Lux, not the Cupra, which has an old-fashioned key socket on the steering column (i.e. the start button only comes with KESSY).

The reversing camera only comes on Leon Excellence. Cupras only have parking sensors.

3) MY 2018-on the LED lights are pretty good but not as good as bi-Xenons. You'd need to test them to see how much difference you notice.

4) It is recommended that you run it on 98+ octane all the time. 95 octane can be used in an emergency but the ECU will retard the ignition, costing you power and economy. Tesco are currently selling Momentum 99 cheaper than diesel though (at least in my area).

5) The 7-speed DSG was introduced after production restarted a few weeks ago after a break for WLTP testing. My understanding is that an cars with the EZ designation are 7-speed but I couldn't guarantee that. 7th gear is any overdrive so will be quieter on the motorway, yes.

LS26

Apr 25, 2018
View attachment 2958

And finally a Magnetic Grey one... this one pleases me in particular as I have ordered one of these...

Hopefully 'LS26' will take some photos of his over the weekend?
Managed to get a couple today. Pictures don’t do it justice. You may see the rather dirty Iridium Grey Tiguan in the background, it’s a lot darker than that but nicer. Such a nice colour in person.

Attachments

• 54783343-C40D-4C0A-9D99-28C0AF9349D9.jpeg
    54783343-C40D-4C0A-9D99-28C0AF9349D9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
  • 302C8965-F0C5-4C3E-AB6D-976D88CB182B.jpeg
    302C8965-F0C5-4C3E-AB6D-976D88CB182B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 210
  • C4F854AC-7EC4-4D40-9018-708C2AED5EB5.jpeg
    C4F854AC-7EC4-4D40-9018-708C2AED5EB5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 215

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
Managed to get a couple today. Pictures don’t do it justice. You may see the rather dirty Iridium Grey Tiguan in the background, it’s a lot darker than that but nicer. Such a nice colour in person.
Makes me so happy that i've ordered mine in magnetic grey!! Looks fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

madhubbs

Oct 24, 2018

Looks great can’t wait to get my one in same colour

AlexOS

Ok... my Cupra ST 4drive is being delivered from the dealer tomorrow. The dealer is 60 miles away by road..

The last car I had from them (my16 FR 5door) was registered on the Friday and delivered Monday (same as this one) and arrived with over 150 miles on the clock (the guy admitted he took it home Friday so he could bring it straight to me Monday)...

How many miles will this one have when it arrives??? Guesses on a postcard... prize for closest guess is a big thumbs up.. lol

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Ok... my Cupra ST 4drive is being delivered from the dealer tomorrow. The dealer is 60 miles away by road..

The last car I had from them (my16 FR 5door) was registered on the Friday and delivered Monday (same as this one) and arrived with over 150 miles on the clock (the guy admitted he took it home Friday so he could bring it straight to me Monday)...

How many miles will this one have when it arrives??? Guesses on a postcard... prize for closest guess is a big thumbs up.. lol

I’ll go for 90miles! 80 of them all done above 5k revs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
It is also the reason I am planning a 4hr train journey to the dealer to pick mine up, My prevous lease car was delivered with an additional unexplained 150 miles and sausage roll crumbs !!!
It is frustrating isn't it... the car should be delivered pristine.

I am wondering about collecting mine also, it will depend how much they charge for delivery. Though I have been told that once I collect the car the mileage comes out of my allowance for the lease. (I don't get the distance to home taken off).

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
Yes, I agree, but unfortunately in most cases the policy for lease tends to be delivery only. Then if under roughly 200 miles they drive, over they deliver on a truck. I’m stuck with that
I was told they drive them regardless of distance... I was hoping for the "over that" clause to kick in...

We shall see!

Wak3D

Sep 29, 2018
Thame, Oxford
Yes, I agree, but unfortunately in most cases the policy for lease tends to be delivery only. Then if under roughly 200 miles they drive, over they deliver on a truck. I’m stuck with that

Yeah, the lease company told me that their policy was to include free delivery as at the time of order they did not know who the dealer would be and in fact the car may be delivered directly from the port which has no facility for collection. I called BS on this and insisted as I had a previous bad experience of delivery, I got the following response:

“The dealership is in Leeds and we can facilitate a collection from the dealership if you so wish too once the vehicle is in stock and has had all its pre delivery checks”l

Ends up costing me more in train fare & fuel but at least they don’t reward employee of the month with my new cupra for the weekend !

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Yeah, the lease company told me that their policy was to include free delivery as at the time of order they did not know who the dealer would be and in fact the car may be delivered directly from the port which has no facility for collection. I called BS on this and insisted as I had a previous bad experience of delivery, I got the following response:

“The dealership is in Leeds and we can facilitate a collection from the dealership if you so wish too once the vehicle is in stock and has had all its pre delivery checks”l

Ends up costing me more in train fare & fuel but at least they don’t reward employee of the month with my new cupra for the weekend !
A plan with no drawbacks: at least you know that 3000 miles worth of tyre wear haven't been used up on the delivery run :drive1:

Reactions: Wak3D

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Either/or what ever is easiest for yourself, we are trying to see what software version it is. If you could do it tomorrow that would be brilliant

This is from a 2018 cupra 300
4a704b73317a789db762992d6cd4b3f8.jpg

Looks like the part number is the same but the software number has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As requested: @Damo H @Titchy

Part No: 5F0 920 790 A
Coding: 24AC3808FF840600018862031001000080000000

You will see that my Hex-Can-USB cable is not supported on the Cupra either :banghead:.

Dear Father Christmas, I have been a good boy and would like a new Hex-V2 cable!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5392.jpg
    IMG_5392.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Reactions: Damo H
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise