Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Page 143 of the handbook..

Convenience Turn Signals

For the one-touch signalling, when the igni-
tion is switched on, move the lever as far as
possible upwards or downwards and release
the lever. The turn signal will flash three times.
One-touch signalling is activated and deacti-
vated in the Easy Connect system Menu >Vehicle Settings>lights

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
For those stating that they can’t hear any exhaust noise inside the cabin of the new post WLTP Cupra, don’t worry...

My kids have confirmed that the exhaust sound was really noisy from the outside as I pulled away after dropping them off at school - and I was being a responsible parent pulling out into a 30 mph road too!

If you wind the window down to try to hear it, you’ll not hear much due to the Doppler effect.

Attachments

• 0FD1EA1C-3243-41AE-B833-2FDBCC469BFF.jpeg
    0FD1EA1C-3243-41AE-B833-2FDBCC469BFF.jpeg
    473.2 KB · Views: 121

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
For those stating that they can’t hear any exhaust noise inside the cabin of the new post WLTP Cupra, don’t worry...

My kids have confirmed that the exhaust sound was really noisy from the outside as I pulled away after dropping them off at school - and I was being a responsible parent pulling out into a 30 mph road too!

If you wind the window down to try to hear it, you’ll not hear much due to the Doppler effect.
So the solution is to drive in reverse everywhere :D

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
Wessex fleet are a nightmare. I had the same issue with my wk42 4Drive but they then decided on Thursday (possibly Wednesday) that they don’t have to redo the paperwork after all and irs being delivered Monday...

Any idea who decided that they didn't need to re-do paperwork? I might try and convince them that they don't need to re-do mine.

Looking at my paperwork, I can't see anything that would change. It doesn't mention model year and as it's an ST it's still a 300.

Reactions: AlexOS

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Got some info from my dealer this evening.

Unfortunately as the Aquarius Ace was delayed by a couple of days in getting to Grimsby, I may have missed the guarantee of transport to the dealership by the end of this month.

Apparently the cutoff was the 21st. Also Grimsby is known as the slowest port out of the 3 .

I'm also going to have issues with my finance as my agreement was originally for a manual 300

My dealer at JCT is committed to getting it all sorted ASAP though. They've been excellent.

Apparently the side skirts just get added as part of the pdi and won't delay the process much.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexOS

AlexOS

Any idea who decided that they didn't need to re-do paperwork? I might try and convince them that they don't need to re-do mine.

Looking at my paperwork, I can't see anything that would change. It doesn't mention model year and as it's an ST it's still a 300.
I know. That was what I told them. I just moaned to the ladies in their CS repeatedly about the delay and then they suddenly did they didn’t need to change it.. was all very strange.

AlexOS

Got some info from my dealer this evening.

Unfortunately as the Aquarius Ace was delayed by a couple of days in getting to Grimsby, I may have missed the guarantee of transport to the dealership by the end of this month.

Apparently the cutoff was the 21st. Also Grimsby is known as the slowest port out of the 3 .

I'm also going to have issues with my finance as my agreement was originally for a manual 300

My dealer at JCT is committed to getting it all sorted ASAP though. They've been excellent.

Apparently the side skirts just get added as part of the pdi and won't delay the process much.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Lucky for you on the skirts. I am getting mine delivered without skirts from Snows on Monday and will be talking it to my local dealer oin a couple of weeks for them to put the skirts on. I made sure I had it in writing from Seat That they are paying for everything.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I think the grey actually suits the copper badging :drool:

Has anybody seen a Mystery Blue one with copper yet? I hope mine suits them as well as some of the other colours...

Picked my mystery blue ST up on Thursday - copper badging looks better than expected. The internal badge on the steering wheel has a smoked matt copper effect, so you hardly notice it after a while. Only place that the badging looks odd is on the wheels.

It’s being detailed today so will post some photos tomorrow...

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
My mystery blue 4drive is being delivered Monday. All coppered up..

So jealous! Have to wait till March for mine :banghead2

Thanks that looks better than I expected! I was a bit wary when I found out what I would be getting but I like it lol

Picked my mystery blue ST up on Thursday - copper badging looks better than expected. The internal badge on the steering wheel has a smoked matt copper effect, so you hardly notice it after a while. Only place that the badging looks odd is on the wheels.

It’s being detailed today so will post some photos tomorrow...

Nice! Thanks looking forward to seeing it :coolthumb

GAmbrose

May 5, 2002
Essex
Visit site
Hello all, hoping you can answer some questions I have.

I owned a MK1 Cupra R (210) from 2003 to 2006, great little car that was and my first 'fast' car.

At the moment I drive a 2013 BMW 5 Series MSport Touring (530D). Fantastic car but it's done 80,000 miles and I wanted something newer.

Enter the Cupra 300 ST 4Drive.

I've got some questions that I hope people can help with.

1) It's a contract hire deal for 2 years, I've got the option with or without maintenance.

I think it'll be worth my while to go with the maintenance option as it covers servicing and tyres, but I wanted to ask people how much SEAT charge to service the Cupra 300 ST in years 1 and 2, and how quickly owners have been getting through tyres (and how much they are paying for new ones)?

2) It was a 'stock' vehicle and it's actual listing was: Seat Leon Sport Tourer 2.0 TSI Cupra 300 EZ DSG 4Drive

As I understand it that just doesn't include Keyless entry (Not fussed), Adaptive Cruise (would have been nice) and manual seats instead of electric. Anything else I am missing?

A question about the key (this might sound silly) - If you don't have KESSY do you actually have to put the key in the ignition? My 530D doesn't have keyless entry but as long as the key is inside the car you can start the engine with the ignition button. Is the Cupra 300 the same?

Also - I looked at the specifications on the SEAT website and none of the 300 Cupra ST's appear to have a reversing camera. I've gotten so used to it on my 5 series that it will be a bit of a pain not to have it. It looks like it's already on the standard ST models though (https://www.seat.co.uk/new-cars/leon-st/technology.html) so what's going on?

3) How are the LED lights at night? I have Bi-xenons at the moment which are pretty much essential compared to the old halogens. Can I expect the LED system to be comparible? Better even?

4) Does it need Super unleaded petrol? I had an Evo X which needed that (or Tesco 99 Ron) and it got pretty expensive, though that did about 20mpg and had a tiny tank.

5) When did the 7 speed DSG gearbox get added? Might I get one with that? It would be better for motorway cruising.

Last edited:

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Anyone with OBD11 who has picked up a new 290? If so would you do me and @damoh a big favour and post a screen shot of the instrument cluster module page please?

Or if there is anyone in MK I’m happy to do some coding for your in return?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo H

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Anyone with OBD11 who has picked up a new 290? If so would you do me and @damoh a big favour and post a screen shot of the instrument cluster module page please?

Or if there is anyone in MK I’m happy to do some coding for your in return?

Does it have to be OBD11? Or do you want VCDS scan? - ie after OBD11 specific info, or hardware/software info?

If the latter for revised coding (central rev counter etc), I can scan tomorrow when I get the car back (300ST BW42)?

Last edited:
Reactions: Damo H

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Does it have to be OBD11? Or do you want VCDS scan? - ie after OBD11 specific info, or hardware/software info?

If the latter for revised coding (central rev counter etc), I can scan tomorrow when I get the car back (300ST BW42)?
Either/or what ever is easiest for yourself, we are trying to see what software version it is. If you could do it tomorrow that would be brilliant

This is from a 2018 cupra 300
4a704b73317a789db762992d6cd4b3f8.jpg

Looks like the part number is the same but the software number has changed.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.