MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Definitely keen on this for mine is it ever gets delivered... was it just a matter of popping the old ones off and the new ones on, or many tools required?

6d5c67ae4a3785d08b4596985f90044e.jpg

Yeah just remove the clips on both ends that’s it. I used a flat bladed screwdriver & some pliers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: AlexOS

AlexOS

I noti
6d5c67ae4a3785d08b4596985f90044e.jpg

Yeah just remove the clips on both ends that’s it. I used a flat bladed screwdriver & some pliers

ce from the other thread that some people said you need springs to get it to open sometimes, but the VW compression buffer should work better... search for part number 1k8827761d... it’s what the German guy on the video used..

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
I noti

ce from the other thread that some people said you need springs to get it to open sometimes, but the VW compression buffer should work better... search for part number 1k8827761d... it’s what the German guy on the video used..

Think the springs are for the ST not sure why they wouldn’t work without the spring?

Reactions: AlexOS

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just received an email from the lease company - my car has been assigned a confirmed BW49 - much sooner than I expected! I have been advised the car should land with the supplying dealership around Christmas time :clap:

Fantastic news although I am slightly gutted I have to wait until March to get it when my Polo lease ends...although I have asked if there's a possibility it could be registered on a 19 plate, as I've already been told the car can be stored until delivery is convenient.

Ip94

Oct 25, 2018
Manchester
Just received an email from the lease company - my car has been assigned a confirmed BW49 - much sooner than I expected! I have been advised the car should land with the supplying dealership around Christmas time :clap:

Fantastic news although I am slightly gutted I have to wait until March to get it when my Polo lease ends...although I have asked if there's a possibility it could be registered on a 19 plate, as I've already been told the car can be stored until delivery is convenient.
It might be worth contacting the finance provider for the polo, I got a quote for early termination (4 months early) for just an admin fee of £25 and wouldn't have to pay any of the remaining payments. This was with Arval and under the mileage allowance though

Reactions: Mystery290

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
It might be worth contacting the finance provider for the polo, I got a quote for early termination (4 months early) for just an admin fee of £25 and wouldn't have to pay any of the remaining payments. This was with Arval and under the mileage allowance though

I'd considered it to be honest - might have to just be patient as I've been informed it will be registered on a 19 plate, which I don't mind waiting for too much - saves my new car getting tortured through the winter too haha

Reactions: Ip94

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington

When did you order again? Thought it was only recently...

Mystery290

Nov 13, 2018
Newcastle upon Tyne
When did you order again? Thought it was only recently...

It was very recent @zedlor! Only paid the admin fee on the 27th October and the order was accepted and confirmed by the supplying dealer on the 30th - now being told confirmed BW49 and should be arriving at the dealer around Christmas :clap: very surprised given some of the stories I've read on here regarding order/delivery times, especially as I was told to expect 14 week delivery time by the lease company.

Typically it's too soon lol

LS26

Apr 25, 2018
My car has been in Warrington since last week. Hopefully picking up on Saturday but apparently issues with finance docs and releasing cars due to WLTP spec changes etc. Fingers crossed. Don’t have my reg yet!

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
It was very recent @zedlor! Only paid the admin fee on the 27th October and the order was accepted and confirmed by the supplying dealer on the 30th - now being told confirmed BW49 and should be arriving at the dealer around Christmas :clap: very surprised given some of the stories I've read on here regarding order/delivery times, especially as I was told to expect 14 week delivery time by the lease company.

Typically it's too soon lol
Yeah, I must have ordered my car around the same time as you then. Everything was ordered by the dealer on 31st October, they told me last week that it was scheduled for delivery in March 2019...

Maybe it's the sunroof adding on an extra 3 months!

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
My car has been in Warrington since last week. Hopefully picking up on Saturday but apparently issues with finance docs and releasing cars due to WLTP spec changes etc. Fingers crossed. Don’t have my reg yet!
I'm in similar boat, my BW41 ST arrived at dealer SEAT WREXHAM last tuesday, I chased them and the broker for delivery this week but as the days go by I'm thinking it's not going to happen.............maybe i'm being too unrealistic with my timings....lol

Reactions: Mystery290
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.