MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Based on my last car an FR, they will give you an equivalent as it has to be a tyre approved by Seat and they only go for the higher end on the Cupras.
Unfortunately higher end doesn’t mean good. They stuck Continental Sport Contact 5P on the Carbon even though the new 6 is out. Hence I’m selling mine cheap!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I bet you can't wait now, knowing you will finally have a car after all that time!! I think you have the record for the longest wait! :footysup:
I'm starting to feel more relief than anything else.
Don't want to get ahead of myself yet though.
Learnt my lesson from the last time.
I'll get excited once ive received visual confirmation that everything is as it should be

I've been active & following this thread since 2017. I've gone through this whole process twice with different groups of registered members.

Like others have said, I don't know what I'd have done without this forum and in particular this thread. You've all been great.
One of the reasons I've been able to stick with the CUPRA.

Anyway enough said for now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
I'm starting to feel more relief than anything else.
Don't want to get ahead of myself yet though.
Learnt my lesson from the last time.
I'll get excited once ive received visual confirmation that everything is as it should be

I've been active & following this thread since 2017. I've gone through this whole process twice with different groups of registered members.

Like others have said, I don't know what I'd have done without this forum and in particular this thread. You've all been great.
One of the reasons I've been able to stick with the CUPRA.

Anyway enough said for now.

Yep fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for you this time! :thumbup:

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Yeah I took one out with mine,would have been crazy not to.worked out about 500 over the two years and the services would cost that,just hope that when I do need new tyres they don't try fobbing me off with cheap sh1t

Mine includes only premium brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Got a free dash cam and a few other bits in the post of leaseplan. Not sure I should Install the dash cam! it’s not like I’ll be speeding much!!

Reactions: AlexOS

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Got a free dash cam and a few other bits in the post of leaseplan. Not sure I should Install the dash cam! it’s not like I’ll be speeding much!!

In my recent experience and opinion the dashcam should be installed mate.

Far too many bad drivers on the roads. Use it too settle your disputes.
Especially in cases where they're trying to use split liability.

It's up to you whether you want use SD card in those other situations.

Reactions: Smolyneux85

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
In my recent experience and opinion the dashcam should be installed mate.

Far too many bad drivers on the roads. Use it too settle your disputes.
Especially in cases where they're trying to use split liability.

It's up to you whether you want use SD card in those other situations.

That’s a good point cheers.

Liam Willingale

Oct 8, 2018
Next update:

Apparently I can’t collect Saturday now because of the problems with the finance documents.

Paid for two train tickets of £110 already.

My Golf has been picked up tomorrow on an early settlement due to collecting the Cupra so I’m left without a car and early settlement charge.

Richard Blackman

Oct 9, 2018
My BW42 ST300 is now booked for delivery on Monday! :)

I can sense your excitement. My BW 42 ST 4drive is at the dealer with loads of copper detailing (apparently - hopefully it will suit Urban Silver), Winter Pack and Beats replacing the ordered Seat Sound. Anyone had any experience of Beats? I would imagine that it is a pretty decent set up?

Liam Willingale

Oct 8, 2018
Next update:

Apparently I can’t collect Saturday now because of the problems with the finance documents.

Paid for two train tickets of £110 already.

My Golf has been picked up tomorrow on an early settlement due to collecting the Cupra so I’m left without a car and early settlement charge.

Gents (ladies if any) if anyone has advice been in a similar position as I know a lot of you have been messed about.

Just with my post above, where do you think I stand with this?

Should they be supplying me with a car as I have a 1 hour drive to work?

Refund for trains ect...

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
Gents (ladies if any) if anyone has advice been in a similar position as I know a lot of you have been messed about.

Refund for trains ect...

I’d give the dealership a call and ask for the manager. Hopefully he can approve a courtesy vehicle or sort the issue out this Saturday.

Liam Willingale

Oct 8, 2018
I’d give the dealership a call and ask for the manager. Hopefully he can approve a courtesy vehicle or sort the issue out this Saturday.

Spoke to the dealership manager, put my concerns across about all the above with not much come back to any of it, he has gone away again to get onto VWFS.

Two days before a collection date with a **** up like this is unacceptable to me.

I thought some people on here had cars supplied by Seat CS for delayed cars?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Spoke to the dealership manager, put my concerns across about all the above with not much come back to any of it, he has gone away again to get onto VWFS.

Two days before a collection date with a **** up like this is unacceptable to me.

I thought some people on here had cars supplied by Seat CS for delayed cars?
VWFS have extended my existing lease but I believe you're referring to the mobex scheme

Looping in @AlexOS I know he's using it for his delayed order.

Reactions: AlexOS

Liam Willingale

Oct 8, 2018
The only problem with extending is I’ve already had the car inspected and paid an early termination fee with it being collected tomorrow.

I’ve pretty much had to line it all up so I’m not without a car due to my work.

That’s the one Mobex.

Along with not being told of the colour change and the wait for the car easily my worst experience ever if buying.

AlexOS

Refund for trains ect...
Request a mobex. Should be able to sort it quick as it’s a Seat screwup

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

AlexOS

Leaseplan seem to be trying to top set on the screwup factor.

They have known about the changes for months but seem to be waiting for the cars to get to the dealer before editing paperwork, just so they can add 2-3 additional weeks to our torment..

Im with leaseplan too, but they can’t even decide if they want new paperwork for mine. I called them last Wednesday to ask why they weren’t releasing the car and they said they would get it sorted. As of lunch time today, they can’t tell me if they want me to sign new paperwork as they don’t know if they need it

I’ve decided to stick with the current car as Seat CS have agreed to supply, paint and fit side skirts for me. , but currently have no more idea when it’ll be delivered than I did a month ago, despite it being at the dealer for 9 days

Good to know leaseplan have give you the camera though I’ve just bought front are rear cameras ready to fit in mine. I’d definitely set them up with the parking mode as my cars have been hit 3 times while parked and the footage from the cam is worth having in that case, especially if you’re lucky enough to get the registration.