Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Do coppercupra’s have a body coloured rear spoiler or are they all black

efdd97acd892d42e6db57c54bcd589da.jpg

Sukhraj

Sep 30, 2018
Received my finance documents from my lease company. Car states on the documents that it's a 300? Now I've tried to get quotes for the car and they cannot find the car on the database.

I've got a few quotes on a 300 and they range from 1300-5k. I have another car which uses my NCB. Can anyone recommend an insurance company that wouldn't be so ridiculously priced. I don't mind paying 1k but anything above that it's a piss take imo.

Richard Blackman

Oct 9, 2018
Received my finance documents from my lease company. Car states on the documents that it's a 300? Now I've tried to get quotes for the car and they cannot find the car on the database.

I've got a few quotes on a 300 and they range from 1300-5k. I have another car which uses my NCB. Can anyone recommend an insurance company that wouldn't be so ridiculously priced. I don't mind paying 1k but anything above that it's a piss take imo.

Can you not reinsure your first car as the no NCD vehicle to get full discount on the Cupra - no good of course if the NCD car is a Cupra or similar as well!? I have never had that issue so other forum members may have another idea. Good luck!

Sukhraj

Sep 30, 2018
Can you not reinsure your first car as the no NCD vehicle to get full discount on the Cupra - no good of course if the NCD car is a Cupra or similar as well!? I have never had that issue so other forum members may have another idea. Good luck!
Problem is the other car is probably in the same or similar insurance group as the cupra (2016 A4 s line 2.0tdi Quattro). I will be the main driver on both cars as I'll be using them the most. My dad will be using the cupra on the weekends etc. I can't put insurance under his name because he's been driving company cars the past 20 odd years and they won't honour it as NCB secondly I believe it's insurance fraud for him to be main driver if I drive the car mostly. When I checked back in June I was getting quoted 900 quid for a cupra300 now it's gone up by so much!

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
If you’re so unhappy with it, cancel and get a second hand 300

Or better still a discounted carbon edition
That's what I did about 3 weeks ago, although there doesn't seem to be many 2nd hand ones around at the moment and they get snapped up quickly when they do come up

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

Just in case I missed something I thought all VW's Group Motors are limited on top speed.

I know the R is 250km/h (155mph) cant recall what the standard Cupra is - But it can be removed with the correct tools.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Just in case I missed something I thought all VW's Group Motors are limited on top speed.

I know the R is 250km/h (155mph) cant recall what the standard Cupra is - But it can be removed with the correct tools.
Mk3 Cupra is 250kmh/155mph too.

I think the performance packs when added as options on the VW R and Audi RS models are de-limited.

Obviously the super/hyper car brands in VAG are excluded from the German marques gentlemen’s agreement...

Also, the more powerful cars generally have the ability to pull slightly past the 155mph to speed. S3s and Rs in Germany would normally top out at just over 160mph GPS with a good down hill / tail wind section of autobahn.

Last edited:

Bradley Conboy

Oct 23, 2018
Do coppercupra’s have a body coloured rear spoiler or are they all black
Hi matt can i just ask if you put you reg in an insurance or car check does it come up with any details. Mines at the dealer waiting for me to pick it up but cant sort the insurance out cos of the database.

efdd97acd892d42e6db57c54bcd589da.jpg

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK

@Bradley Conboy

I'm picking mine up on Monday, the registration plate doesn't come up with any details.

But esure were willing to insure it as a 300 and put a note on the system saying it's a 290.

A few other companies will do that, all you can do is try.

Reactions: Nick Woods

Nick Woods

Aug 23, 2018
UK - Midlands
@Bradley Conboy

I'm picking mine up on Monday, the registration plate doesn't come up with any details.

But esure were willing to insure it as a 300 and put a note on the system saying it's a 290.

A few other companies will do that, all you can do is try.

I too insured mine with esure ... cost me (£50 more than my 1.6dci qashqai including the 'admin fee' - which the missus is having) they said the same as walshy - insured as a 300 with a note...

Reactions: walshy

Bradley Conboy

Oct 23, 2018
I too insured mine with esure ... cost me (£50 more than my 1.6dci qashqai including the 'admin fee' - which the missus is having) they said the same as walshy - insured as a 300 with a note...
Mine on esure is 3000 haha but for a 300 on other websites its 1600 thats the difference haha why im struggling

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.