MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
The copper and the red doesnt look to bad at all cause the badge has a balck surround
View attachment 2397 Just got this pic from my local dealership! :footysup:

My BW 42 desire red baby is in, after just 5 days on a truck from Barcelona.
Long live road transport instead of seafreight... Sorry guys:happy:

And I’m actually happy with the copper. Looks nice with the red and black.
Happy ******* days! :santa:

Will post inside pics when it’s delivered i people wants it...

The copper and the red doesnt look to bad at all as the badge has a black surrround.

Reactions: Damo H and dave_c

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Whats the wlan thing got it connected to my phone, using my phone as a personal hotspot, but dont get the point of it

Am I missing something?
It allows the infotainment unit to exchange data with mobile devices and give it and other devices internet access through a mobile device.

There is an app called SEAT Media control.
You can use it to control some of the media functions i.e mapping, music retrieve vehicle information.

It's also how Alexa works - on Android the media control app comes with Alexa.

Never used it myself but I'm interested to see how useful it is.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

AlexOS

Beat me to it! Was going to say what about the Pyrenees and Sierra Nevada?
It's easy to forget Spain is not all beaches, Tapas and San Miguel.
I realise there are some high points, but the amount of weather they have on average where you'd need the winter pack compared to the UK is minimal. What i'm saying, is if its standard in Spain, why is it optional in countries like UK, France, Germany, where the winters are way colder, and way longer...

Reactions: Copra68

AlexOS

Look at the interior pictures of the German Mystery Blue ST again...

Gloss Black trim has replaced the silver around the steering wheel buttons and the A/C / Heater dials.
What happened to the copper detailing?? That one has silver detailing and white stitching..

Think the copper outside is bearable, considering what we were all expecting, although the missing flags are annoying, and the black lettering on my Mystery Blue ST won't show up very well.. But the inside is crap... the Cupra had gloss black surrounds, now it seems, based on the German car we've seen, to have silver and that doesn't go with the copper, and is exactly the same as most of the basic models... unless @Matt-taylor can tell us any different?

Is this another error on the price list?? It states 'Interior CUPRA black'.. some of the other models have' Ice Metal', which i assume is the silver, so the Cupra shouldn't have it...

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
What happened to the copper detailing?? That one has silver detailing and white stitching..

Think the copper outside is bearable, considering what we were all expecting, although the missing flags are annoying, and the black lettering on my Mystery Blue ST won't show up very well.. But the inside is crap... the Cupra had gloss black surrounds, now it seems, based on the German car we've seen, to have silver and that doesn't go with the copper, and is exactly the same as most of the basic models... unless @Matt-taylor can tell us any different?

Is this another error on the price list?? It states 'Interior CUPRA black'.. some of the other models have' Ice Metal', which i assume is the silver, so the Cupra shouldn't have it...

Mine is all silver

AlexOS

Mine is all silver
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Its like Seat waited for me to commit to buying a Cupra, then took away as many of the features I like as possible, and replace them with with something that makes no sense whatsoever and/or something taken from the lower models, removing all the exclusivity of the top-of-the-range car I signed up for..

FFS!!! All they could do to annoy me more at this stage is replace the engine with the 1.0 60ps from the Mii..

Brooster89

Oct 13, 2018

I assume the price list you are referring to is for the newer/copper models? (with black brake callipers, etc.) which @Matt-taylor does not have? Could be wrong.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The black / ice metal refers to the colour of the headlining and A/B/C pillar trim panels - still black for Cupra.

The trim around the vents, steering wheel, A/C and heating controllers etc was always chrome/silver. This appears to have been swapped for copper on the ‘R’ and (correct me if I’m wrong - but people refer to it) black on the ‘black edition’.

Omission of the copper stitching seems very strange.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Yaay look what i found

5ecd8b4dea25c751379da3fef829e41e.jpg

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The black / ice metal refers to the colour of the headlining and A/B/C pillar trim panels - still black for Cupra.

The trim around the vents, steering wheel, A/C and heating controllers etc was always chrome/silver. This appears to have been swapped for copper on the ‘R’ and (correct me if I’m wrong - but people refer to it) black on the ‘black edition’.

280 has black too.

AlexOS

I just looked on autotrader and if you look at 2017 Cupras, the trim was black. The ice metal is the silver trim, as there was certainly nothing metal coloured in any headlining on my FR, only the trim.

I know what you’re saying about @Matt-taylor’s trim, but it’s the same on the German one with the copper.

It should have copper stitching and black trims. That would be the best combination. What they have at the moment is pathetic. Copper badge, silver trim, black roof lining and white stitching.. couldn’t they add a few day-glow green buttons for effect??

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard Blackman

Ben Snape

Oct 17, 2018
Just got a quote on a 300 as I can’t put the 290 in on a comparison website £750 27years old with 7 year ncb no points seat insurance wanted £1500 :blink:, looking forward on hearing some pops and bangs from your new cars

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
I just looked on autotrader and if you look at 2017 Cupras, the trim was black. The ice metal is the silver trim, as there was certainly nothing metal coloured in any headlining on my FR, only the trim.

I know what you’re saying about @Matt-taylor’s trim, but it’s the same on the German one with the copper.

It should have copper stitching and black trims. That would be the best combination. What they have at the moment is pathetic. Copper badge, silver trim, black roof lining and white stitching.. couldn’t they add a few day-glow green buttons for effect??

Pre-face lift had black trim, but post facelift this is chrome. Whilst you could get the part no and replace for trim around the vents/infotainment, the facelift has the electronic handbrake, so it is unlikely that you could get the black trim for this.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018

This is my trim
3aea9140a9ed7d5dde6a6723fbdf5598.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.