Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Reactions: indyjones

LM299

Oct 24, 2018
For what its worth I have ordered a 'Desire Red' but I am really struggling with this copper badge situation. I think I might end up going for the silver or white now. Done a quick photoshop of the white and it does look not too bad.

7gHZs83.jpg

YBY0So8.jpg

L0TZ9uV

FxBP2Ab

Last edited:

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
Plenty of car updates today, may as well throw mine in!

BW40 magnetic grey 5door.. It's at the dealership in Southampton and have offered delivery for next Friday. If it wasn't 200 miles away I would try and arrange collection sooner!

After all this waiting it's a relief to finally see an end in sight.:happy:

Ask them to send some pics so you can see if it has copper badges etc

typical driver

Sep 12, 2018
Ask them to send some pics so you can see if it has copper badges etc

Don't think it will have as it pre BW42.. then again we haven't seen any other BW40s yet so who knows with everything thats been going off??

Not in direct contact with the dealership as going through a lease broker. Think I'll wait and see what turns up!

Reactions: AshCupra300

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Don't think it will have as it pre BW42.. then again we haven't seen any other BW40s yet so who knows with everything thats been going off??

Not in direct contact with the dealership as going through a lease broker. Think I'll wait and see what turns up!

Well my BW39 definitely doesn't have copper, I'll hopefully be supplying you guys with some decent footage when I collect on monday morning :)

AlexOS

Is that definitely the Mystery Blue? I thought it was lighter than that...

The copper doesn’t look as bad as I thought on the outside, although the CUPRA in black won’t stand out very well at all... I will definitely miss the flag on the back, even if it was black.. and I still think it should have the red calipers..

Inside.. what I bloody half measure.. all they’ve done is replace the S and remove the flags.. it need copper stitching and the surrounds in silver look ridiculous... they SHOULD be black or copper.. F***ING SEAT!,!

They should have spoken to customers before signing off on this... and I do mean some of the people who ACTUALLY ordered a Cupra, not a random group off the street..

Also, Anyone else notice it still has the silver/red/black Cupra logo in the top right corner of the digital dash display.. DOH!!

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
The lady from Seat CS confirmed mine was a 6 speed (300 4Drive like yours) so the fact your saying its 7 speed is interesting...

There all 7 speed now CS haven’t got a clue! One of the managers was saying mine was 6 speed on tuesday so told him to check again and guess what.... it’s 7 speed haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Is that definitely the Mystery Blue? I thought it was lighter than that...

The copper doesn’t look as bad as I thought on the outside, although the CUPRA in black won’t stand out very well at all... I will definitely miss the flag on the back, even if it was black.. and I still think it should have the red calipers..

Inside.. what I bloody half measure.. all they’ve done is replace the S and remove the flags.. it need copper stitching and the surrounds in silver look ridiculous... they SHOULD be black or copper.. F***ING SEAT!,!

They should have spoken to customers before signing off on this... and I do mean some of the people who ACTUALLY ordered a Cupra, not a random group off the street..

Also, Anyone else notice it still has the silver/red/black Cupra logo in the top right corner of the digital dash display.. DOH!!
The interior is the shocking one, (well all of its shocking) surely it has taken more effort to change badges etc than it is to just to keep it the same. WHY??? Its literally like they are trying to get rid of parts before the MK4.

Why dont they just bring out a black edition??? Who ever is making these decisions needs sacking.

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
Plenty of car updates today, may as well throw mine in!

BW40 magnetic grey 5door.. It's at the dealership in Southampton and have offered delivery for next Friday. If it wasn't 200 miles away I would try and arrange collection sooner!

After all this waiting it's a relief to finally see an end in sight.:happy:
I'd like to see some photos of your car too, the final piece of the puzzle for me right now is what Magnetic Grey looks like!

Reactions: walshy

Kenton

Jun 19, 2018
What date did you order?
June 16th, Nationwide Vehicle Contracts. That doesn't confirm the date the order was with the supplying dealer, JCT somewhere in Yorkshire, or for that matter when accepted by factory. Hope that helps though.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Rather unexpectedly I’ve just had a Facetime call from Carly at Lookers showing me round my car….IT’S FINALLY HERE!!!!

The only fly in the ointment is that technically, as it doesn’t appear on the insurance database, I can’t insure it through my current insurer Directline and Seat THEMSELVES cannot insure it free for 5 days…because *drum roll please* it doesn’t appear on the insurance database system.

You can’t make this sh1t up can you…
So I’m stuck in the situation that I could collect my car tomorrow, but can’t drive it away as it can’t be insured.

Pictures to follow…

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Rather unexpectedly I’ve just had a Facetime call from Carly at Lookers showing me round my car….IT’S FINALLY HERE!!!!

The only fly in the ointment is that technically, as it doesn’t appear on the insurance database, I can’t insure it through my current insurer Directline and Seat THEMSELVES cannot insure it free for 5 days…because *drum roll please* it doesn’t appear on the insurance database system.

You can’t make this sh1t up can you…
So I’m stuck in the situation that I could collect my car tomorrow, but can’t drive it away as it can’t be insured.

Pictures to follow…

What model is it rob, mine is a 5 dr hatch 290 and seat have insured me for 5 days, i even have the insurance certificate

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
Todays update from SEAT CS on my ST300 4Drive BW41. On way from factory to Port. Deffo 7 speed DSG. As I ordered with no options, nothing else appears on their screens.
I'm same build week 41 same ST300 4drive, been told by both CS and lease company that it's been built with 6spd DSG
I guess none of us will be 100% sure till it turns up......

Reactions: AlexOS and Kenton
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members