MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

yessar_kd

May 4, 2008
Birmingham
Carly at Lookers has said that mine is still sitting in Grimsby and has been since Aquarius Ace dropped it off over a week ago. I've got a reg. there's a transport order raised...all I want is a car!!!!!
Mine must be parked next to yours as i was just told the same thing after initially being told last week a transport order was raised on the 16th Oct

kevlar

Oct 23, 2018
Anyone got a link for the bvrla wear and tear guidelines?

This guide is such a farce ! I had a bad accident in a vrs i had on lease, worried me to death, the body shop made a right pigs ear of the repair to had it redone 3 times...yep 3 times! when they came to inspect the car nothing was mentioned and it went straight to auction, but im pretty OCD when it comes to cars when they inspected it they were more worried about the tool kit was present and why i didnt have a spare...uhhhh there is no spare from new!.

AshCupra300

Sep 16, 2006
Newport, South Wales
Can't speak for all, but I ended up in a 2016 S3 sport back black edition for over 2 months when my 280 nearly got written off.
(Non fault claim)

Didn't pay a penny

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have signed up for it, its free after all! and god forbid should I have to use it, I can always deal with my insurer direct if it causes me any hassle :)

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
as they would not be able to recover me
I don't think they offer a recovery service do they? Its just an admin team at SEAT directing your insurance company to use SEAT repair services rather than another provider. £££

At least with SEAT repairs, if it goes wrong, they are more likely to man up and correct them, rather than 'Dave And Barry Back Street Panel Beaters Ltd. Plus if they can upgrade my hire car to something more aligned with my Cupra, rather than the 'basic' hire car my insurance company provides, all the better.

Reactions: walshy

willda_beast

May 8, 2018
This guide is such a farce ! I had a bad accident in a vrs i had on lease, worried me to death, the body shop made a right pigs ear of the repair to had it redone 3 times...yep 3 times! when they came to inspect the car nothing was mentioned and it went straight to auction, but im pretty OCD when it comes to cars when they inspected it they were more worried about the tool kit was present and why i didnt have a spare...uhhhh there is no spare from new!.

Where you present for the inspection? Dealer wants me to leave it with them and inspected a few days after I collect the new car

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
No, but the point is all those images are photoshopped from the last issue of that page.. (i.e. they have moved the 4drive badge to the right on the new models, but it’s still on the left on that page) it is the same photos.. they have missed so much on there... just like the price list.
Yeah you can still see the white trimmed seats on the interior. Just got the impression you were saying the photoshopped image was wrong and there was copper.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
So is the stitching confirmed as copper now?
Nope.
No official interior pics released yet.

Hopefully by next week. If not from one of the SEAT sites there was a lucky Spanish customer picking theirs up next week. They said they would upload photos.

CS are still awaiting details. Yesterday I was told they're awaiting the new updated product pages on the site.

Not sure if it's a bad translation but the Dutch site where we officially saw it first doesn't mention stitching, although it could be a bad translation.

Personally I would welcome more copper
Copper stitching would work well with the black.
06954b4fc2b1e686b346c7309fd470ff.jpg

bluehandle

Feb 28, 2011
Dealer wants me to leave it with them and inspected a few days after I collect the new car
I've had company cars for a number of years until recently and they always used to stiff us. We used Lex and there was a £750 pot at the end for fixing minor issues, but it always seemed to be used and then we'd get a bill for anything extra. Maybe different for personal leases, but I would try and get the inspection done in your presence and get a bit of paper signing it off.

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
At this stage no.

It was never official.

The copper stitching and potential trim changes started after we accepted what @Damo7 stated. He himself didn't actually specify these changes.

Obviously because of the new CUPRA brands influence we looked to the CUPRA Ateca and R's. They both have copper stitching and the R has additional copper trim.

Then came the info from Scroggs post:

"Interior Changes
Copper SEAT logo on steering wheel
*Interior copper and black detailing (although what this actually means is not specified)*
Copper media screen logo"

So there is still a chance it could come, but going by the current photoshops on the site "no".

Interesting...

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Nope.
No official interior pics released yet.

Hopefully by next week. If not from one of the SEAT sites there was a lucky Spanish customer picking theirs up next week. They said they would upload photos.

CS are still awaiting details. Yesterday I was told they're awaiting the new updated product pages on the site.

Not sure if it's a bad translation but the Dutch site where we officially saw it first doesn't mention stitching, although it could be a bad translation.

Personally I would welcome more copper
Copper stitching would work well with the black.
06954b4fc2b1e686b346c7309fd470ff.jpg

It would make sense for them to replace anything that's white with copper. I've always found it odd that the Cupra got White Stitching and the FR Red. I've always seen Red as being the more sporty colour.

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Mine is a lease car and ive been told i have to send proof of insurance before collection they willl notice its not correct pal

I've been told it's not necessary to prove it before collection, maybe because I'm using their drive-away insurance?

But they may ask for at any time during the lease and I have to produce within 30 days, I've just signed the paperwork this morning and this is what it said too

We will see

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
It would make sense for them to replace anything that's white with copper. I've always found it odd that the Cupra got White Stitching and the FR Red. I've always seen Red as being the more sporty colour.
It certainly would especially with it being consistent amongst the R and Ateca, but there hasn't been much sense during this whole fiasco.

I agree with red appearing more sporty. VW obviously don't - look at GTI & the R.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
It certainly would especially with it being consistent amongst the R and Ateca, but there hasn't been much sense during this whole fiasco.

I agree with red appearing more sporty. VW obviously don't - look at GTI & the R.

Yeah odd that!

I wonder if the photoshopped stitching was beyond their abilities :D They couldn't even hide the white interior on the exterior shots, and that would of been easy!! And don't get me started on the Photoshops they did of the carbon...

genericherocomp.resizeViewPort.noScale.fileReference.jpg

Reactions: indyjones

AlexOS

Yeah odd that!

I wonder if the photoshopped stitching was beyond their abilities :D They couldn't even hide the white interior on the exterior shots, and that would of been easy!! And don't get me started on the Photoshops they did of the carbon...

genericherocomp.resizeViewPort.noScale.fileReference.jpg
That car is a Spanish one though, so those seats might actually be available there.. I think the Dutch site still has the seats available with white panels.. definitely one of them does..

Very wierd to me that things like the seats, which don’t change for left/right hand drive are offered in different colours for different markets.. why can’t they offer all the options to everyone?

Also, that’s the same ref they use for the grille shot with the black flags.. although that shot has the silver flags and 4Drive on the left..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.