MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
It doesn’t have flags because it’s a CUPRA not a Seat.. it has the cupra logo instead

That’s a cupra Ateca. But the Leon will be similar to that but an S badge and “NO” flags except one exterior on the front in black...

Similar to it. Not it. Similar!!!!!!

No flags

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
deja Vu...

@Damo7 - fair enough I was quoting from what Scrogg posted. That said It doesn't clarify what the detailing is.

What you describe sounds similar to the Dutch again.

If it's like the Ateca like you suggest it may just include copper stitching on the steering wheel and seats.

Cheers for the info

63c509a3b6a84a7dc63b4197a3c627f7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
deja Vu...

@Damo7 - fair enough I was quoting from what Scrogg posted. That said It doesn't clarify what the detailing is.

What you describe sounds similar to the Dutch again.

Cheers for the info

63c509a3b6a84a7dc63b4197a3c627f7.jpg

Something I did notice with the Black edition is the inclusion of carbon fibre wing mirror covers someone find a part number quick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Something I did notice with the Black edition is the inclusion of carbon fibre wing mirror covers someone find a part number quick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Someone on Facebook was offering them at £179. Genuine covers with real carbon fibre over the top I think. Maybe cheaper, but depends if the weave matches the other carbon bits.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
If it is similar to the Ateca the styling is less dramatic than you'd think.

The copper hints are on the steering wheel, seats and gear stick.

Having copper center caps isn't that big an issue either, it seems to work on the glossy black. So hopefully the copper S' do too. Starting to think it'll even work on the mystery blue.

The Ateca has a copper badge (although Cupra) on the rear followed by a black Cupra lettering.

For those that have ordered Nevada white, it'll look ok. There are versions of the Ateca Cupra in this color combo and they still look subtle.

A gloss black diffuser would help....

This Leon Cupra is definitely being introduced as the halfway house between the original and the new brand.

Starting to think we'll get the DC upgrade too.

There's a dealership near me that opens as a CUPRA dealership this year for the Ateca in December so it fits. They'd actually hinted at changes to the Leon too but no details

b04c30914094a5fab7f83104c25ca11c.jpg
db560b3591b5513986737d6b01ac8321.jpg
0aaeb3c34cde55bd1fad9c966b38758b.jpg

1049bc6392e0ec723e728ca327a7f10c.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: olaf

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
That Ateca looks alright.

Hoping they manage to get some semblance of continuity throughout and it doesn't end up looking like two design schemes mashed together!

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
If it is similar to the Ateca the styling is less dramatic than you'd think.

The copper hints are on the steering wheel, seats and gear stick.

Having copper center caps isn't that big an issue either, it seems to work on the glossy black. So hopefully the copper S' do too. Starting to think it'll even work on the mystery blue.

The Ateca has a copper badge (although Cupra) on the rear followed by a black Cupra lettering.

For those that have ordered Nevada white, it'll look ok. There are versions of the Ateca Cupra in this color combo and they still look subtle.

A gloss black diffuser would help....

This Leon Cupra is definitely being introduced as the halfway house between the original and the new brand.

Starting to think we'll get the DC upgrade too.

There's a dealership near me that opens as a CUPRA dealership this year for the Ateca in December so it fits. They'd actually hinted at changes to the Leon too but no details

b04c30914094a5fab7f83104c25ca11c.jpg
db560b3591b5513986737d6b01ac8321.jpg
0aaeb3c34cde55bd1fad9c966b38758b.jpg

1049bc6392e0ec723e728ca327a7f10c.jpg

Quote from autocar reads a bit concerning regarding the sound especially when you relate it to the 290 hatch

“The 296bhp 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine can slingshot the Cupra Ateca from 0-62mph in just 5.2sec and onto a top speed of 152mph, numbers which, incidentally, embarrass an entry-level Porsche Macan and are a close match for our favourite hot hatch, the Honda Civic Type R.
It’s just a pity the Cupra doesn’t sound a bit more enthusiastic; there’s no grin-inducting engine roar when you put your foot down, nor is there any popping or cracking from the exhaust.”

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Quote from autocar reads a bit concerning regarding the sound especially when you relate it to the 290 hatch

“The 296bhp 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine can slingshot the Cupra Ateca from 0-62mph in just 5.2sec and onto a top speed of 152mph, numbers which, incidentally, embarrass an entry-level Porsche Macan and are a close match for our favourite hot hatch, the Honda Civic Type R.
It’s just a pity the Cupra doesn’t sound a bit more enthusiastic; there’s no grin-inducting engine roar when you put your foot down, nor is there any popping or cracking from the exhaust.”

Heard this as well right at the beginning.

"The Cupra has also ditched the electronic sound symposer that normally augments engine noise in rortier MQB models. Standard brake discs will be 17in, but 18in Brembo units will be offered as an option."

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/...6bhp-cupra-ateca-suv-first-car-seat-sub-brand

It's the same engine, so it'll be down to WLTP, software and exhaust. The Ateca has a different exhaust.

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
I have had an update from SEAT UK:

My order has now been accepted by the factory (progress at least), but, are waiting for technical information.

Until the brochure is updated, they can’t provide any information on the specification, but, on their database the options are quoted as Camera Pack and BeatsAudio. So it looks like the camera option is being honoured?

So I am confirmed at last... and will get one of the "copper" Cupras.

Now, back to the rampant speculation about gearboxes etc.

typical driver

Sep 12, 2018
I've just had an update too.

My car is now in transit from the factory to port. This was confirmed build week 40 so it sounds like SEAT are keeping to their word with the build weeks.

For info this will be a 290 DSG hatch in magnetic grey with no options.

Still holding out for delivery at the end of October :dance:

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I have had an update from SEAT UK:

My order has now been accepted by the factory (progress at least), but, are waiting for technical information.

Until the brochure is updated, they can’t provide any information on the specification, but, on their database the options are quoted as Camera Pack and BeatsAudio. So it looks like the camera option is being honoured?

So I am confirmed at last... and will get one of the "copper" Cupras.

Now, back to the rampant speculation about gearboxes etc.

That's great news. If it's on the database then it'll be built with it.

When they check the SLI it will be listed similar to the pic below (you can't see the camera but it's listed above the beats audio)

6971d173a4a21d8439f0473e33cf845a.jpg

Reactions: BipedalMale

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
That's great news. If it's on the database then it'll be built with it.

When they check the SLI it will be listed similar to the pic below (you can't see the camera but it's listed above the beats audio)

6971d173a4a21d8439f0473e33cf845a.jpg

Did you order the winter pack, or does the above confirm the rumour that it was being fitted to yours for "free"?

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
Did you order the winter pack, or does the above confirm the rumour that it was being fitted to yours for "free"?

He must have ordered it as it probably won't show on the MY19 orders due to being standard equipment and not an option

I can't wait to get the car to find out if the MY18-19 Conversions will get it

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Sorry mate, I ordered it long before finding out it was going to be standard.

As already said as standard kit it wouldn't show on the configurable options list.

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
He must have ordered it as it probably won't show on the MY19 orders due to being standard equipment and not an option

I can't wait to get the car to find out if the MY18-19 Conversions will get it
Thanks for that... so I should get that on my "copper" Cupra.

Actually I have just been back through the September-2018(v2) price list and notice that the Cupra doesn't get Sports Suspension but the FR does. HA!

Reactions: walshy

Sukhraj

Sep 30, 2018
Can someone tell me what the standard equipment is for my19? I've looked through the pages can't seem to find any info

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.