MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

AlexOS

As mentioned by others, that is a Euro model, not U.K., and there are spec differences..

Plus you’ve mentioned two things Damo7 has pushed.. copper badges and black callipers.. on different specs of car, but not together..

This is still all very open but the one with the copper is a special edition so will come in limited colours, and the the black is another special edition, and hence the name would be very wierd with red callipers..

Definitely need to wait for more info from Seat UK.. but I will still be very surprised if we get either on the standard model..

P.s. this is NOT a Damo7 bash.. just making a point that I don’t think any of the above is going to impact standard (non special edition) UK models..

Reactions: Copra68

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
As mentioned by others, that is a Euro model, not U.K., and there are spec differences..

100% agreed

Plus you’ve mentioned two things Damo7 has pushed.. copper badges and black callipers.. on different specs of car, but not together..

Need to correct you on this. All the copper and black trimming features were taken from the *Standard* Cupra on the SEAT.nl site.

I also posted a pic of and mentioned the CUPRA black. That is a different model entirely.

As I said before please check the site for yourselves if you are at all interested.

P.s. this is NOT a Damo7 bash.. just making a point that I don’t think any of the above is going to impact standard (non special edition) UK models..

Didn't believe it was but I am just sharing what I found and was suprised to find it backed up Damo7's theories.

I've also shown you where to check for yourselves as I don't really know what is going on either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Regardless of copper badges etc, your over looking the important bit.... it’s a 7 speed dsg with 300ps!! That’s where the plot thickens further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dave_c

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Regardless of copper badges etc, your over looking the important bit.... it’s a 7 speed dsg with 300ps!! That’s where the plot thickens further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm gaining more confidence in the 7spd theory but was thinking the 300ps was a typo.

The amount of misinformation so far is laughable

Reactions: indyjones

AlexOS

My daughter wanted me to get a Golf R for that reason alone...
I've got a Golf R loaner at the moment, and am definitely looking forward to getting back into a Seat.. especially my new Cupra ST if it ever gets delivered... Definitely not worth going to a Golf just for that.. lol... #NOTAGOLFRFAN.. lol

To be honest, the last i heard from CS was that it would probably be February delivery, and personally, I think i'd hold out for March if i can, if only for the 19 plate... Unless I can finally convince my wife to let me buy a private plate.. lol

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I am now thinking that the ST will definitely have the 7 speed too, and I am hopeful that there is still the possibility of the 310ps.. but i can't believe that they will drop the ST to 290ps, because of the 4Drive.
Who knows, but to tell the truth I'm starting to excited.

The Netherlands site also has the latest pricelist dated September 2018.

It lists DSG 7spd - obviously the rest isn't easy to read

On there though the winter pack is optional not standard. The easy options don't appear obvious either. Beats audio is an option.

There is also no lux. So this definitely suggests that things could be quite different across the different markets

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I would like to of seen the sweeping indicator as standard but I guess they will put them on the mk4
It's made it's way to the Tarraco which is the flagship for the new SEAT design language, along with the new infotainment unit.

I'd be surprised to see it on the MK3 but who knows..

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I've got a Golf R loaner at the moment, and am definitely looking forward to getting back into a Seat.. especially my new Cupra ST if it ever gets delivered... Definitely not worth going to a Golf just for that.. lol... #NOTAGOLFRFAN.. lol

To be honest, the last i heard from CS was that it would probably be February delivery, and personally, I think i'd hold out for March if i can, if only for the 19 plate... Unless I can finally convince my wife to let me buy a private plate.. lol
That is a surprise - would love an R.
The discounts just aren't there though.
I've spec'd up my Cupra quite well to compensate for it not being an R or an S3. Still came in loads cheaper

Reactions: olaf

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
The Netherlands don't need the winter pack it's never going to be standard. Where as certain parts of the UK it's winter for 9 months lol. A winter pack as standard would be a deal breaker for some folk here.

AlexOS

That is a surprise - would love an R.
The discounts just aren't there though.
I've spec'd up my Cupra quite well to compensate for it not being an R or an S3. Still came in loads cheaper
Obviously it’s a personal thing but I prefer the understated looks for the Cupra and around here every other Golf is an R..

The media system is slightly better looking on the Golf, but if you even think about using it, then it gets covered in finger prints and that annoys me.

The lights on the Golf are way better than my MY16 Leon’s were... although I believe the MY18/19 is much better than the older models, so hopefully that will be felt with..

Apart from that, I prefer the general look of the cupra inside and out and the DCC is a good thing as this loaner is rock hard.. in my area I have only seen 3 Cupra a in the last few months and they were all 5 door, so I will be one of very few ST 4Drives, but I can go to town and see half a dozen Golf R’s every time, both 5door and estate. Also the Golf R estate looks crap.. imo.

I would take the Cupra ST over the Golf Estate even if they offered me identical spec and price.