MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I think we all know it’s not a manual... since no one sells a 7 speed manual.. also it’s a DSG box..

I’m a class 1 truck driver, so have experience of 16 speed manual boxes (8 speed plus high/low splitter), but 8 have never seen a modern manual car box with more that 6 forward gears.. and I’m pretty confident Seat aren’t going to introduce one in the mk3 Leon...
I know I was just highlighting how poor SEAT web marketing seems to be. The website is public and you'd expect them to check this stuff before uploading.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Does seem they are definitely bringing the 7 speed to the 2.0tsi engine in the U.K. though... the ST will have it.
Agreed,

I too feel more confident about the ST having it.
Makes sense with the WLTP regs and hearing about it's further production delays and seeing the leaked internal document.

Less confident about the 5dr as it goes into production next week, the SLI systems are still displaying 6spd and SEAT are currently non the wiser.

The only contradiction to that is the advertising on SEAT's French website, but if they're anything like SEAT UK when it comes to advertising.....

We'll hopefully see in 2 weeks - for the 5dr at least and if SEAT UK are to be believed.

I am wondering if there are going to be any further differences separating the top of the range ST CUPRA from the 5dr.

AlexOS

Agreed,

I too feel more confident about the ST having it.
Makes sense with the WLTP regs and hearing about it's further production delays and seeing the leaked internal document.

Less confident about the 5dr as it goes into production next week, the SLI systems are still displaying 6spd and SEAT are currently non the wiser.

The only contradiction to that is the advertising on SEAT's French website, but if they're anything like SEAT UK when it comes to advertising.....

We'll hopefully see in 2 weeks - for the 5dr at least and if SEAT UK are to be believed.

I am wondering if there are going to be any further differences separating the top of the range ST CUPRA from the 5dr.

Which document is that one? I missed that.

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016
Carly at Lookers Stockport said three to four weeks after it’s build day they should have it in their compound. I’m hopefully going to arrange for my 290 to be collected by BCA toward the end of October then collect as soon after as possible! Who is supplying yours?

What date is your 290 due back mate? Mines due back on the 18th November. I cant decide if to hold out or just give the car back when the other one is available. I suppose they charge 50% of the final payment to end it early? Thanks

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
What date is your 290 due back mate? Mines due back on the 18th November. I cant decide if to hold out or just give the car back when the other one is available. I suppose they charge 50% of the final payment to end it early? Thanks
Mine is due back November 4th but I'll see if they can collect almost a week early. Can't see why they won't as I'd have already paid for the last month already so the cash is in VWFS back pocket. I'm only giving mine back and not extending for 12 months as my manual clutch is starting to slip in 4-6th gear at higher loads. It's pi$$ poor to be honest - a clutch that hasn't been caned around like a 19 year old in a Corsa, never been taken on track and basically just used to commute 25 miles a day in 30-40mph flowing commuter traffic shouldn't show signs of slipping after 18k miles. Seat empathise but won't entertain warranty as it's 6 months/6,000 miles - wear and tear after that. I get it though as I could be a tit who hoons it around and traffic light grand prix's at every opportunity for all they know. My local dealer wanted £850 to look at it then decide if it was component failure or not. If not, it would be a nearly 2k bill...

AlexOS

Mine is due back November 4th but I'll see if they can collect almost a week early. Can't see why they won't as I'd have already paid for the last month already so the cash is in VWFS back pocket. I'm only giving mine back and not extending for 12 months as my manual clutch is starting to slip in 4-6th gear at higher loads. It's pi$$ poor to be honest - a clutch that hasn't been caned around like a 19 year old in a Corsa, never been taken on track and basically just used to commute 25 miles a day in 30-40mph flowing commuter traffic shouldn't show signs of slipping after 18k miles. Seat empathise but won't entertain warranty as it's 6 months/6,000 miles - wear and tear after that. I get it though as I could be a tit who hoons it around and traffic light grand prix's at every opportunity for all they know. My local dealer wanted £850 to look at it then decide if it was component failure or not. If not, it would be a nearly 2k bill...
If you’re with Seat finance, you should be able to call BCA any time in the last 30 days to arrange inspection and collection. I spoke to Seat about extending my lease and they said I could extend it a month at a time for the same rate I was paying anyway. I started throwing toys when the lead times started getting longer and have now arranged a loan car though, so no need.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
If you’re with Seat finance, you should be able to call BCA any time in the last 30 days to arrange inspection and collection. I spoke to Seat about extending my lease and they said I could extend it a month at a time for the same rate I was paying anyway. I started throwing toys when the lead times started getting longer and have now arranged a loan car though, so no need.
Second this, my lease has been extended since November last year by seat finance. Because of the lead times it was extended by 3 months originally. Since July it's been month to month.

They have reduced my rate based on the mileage and the age of vehicle.

Liam

Jul 6, 2018
Gloucester
If anyone with an ST on order hasn’t already, ensure you ask SEAT CS for compensation for the delay. I’ve just been offered either £200 cash, £250 SEAT voucher or a free service, all payable on delivery of course sometime in the next millennium. I ordered in Feb with an original estimate of July and still no news. I imagine this would also work for the 5dr if the wait has been prolonged.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
So the seat.fr site now lets you configure the Cupra and it shows as 290 with 7sp DSG, but then the power is 300ps with 380Nm torque.
Is it that the engine output is still nominally 300ps but the more restrictive exhaust drops it's effective power by ~10ps?
Answers on a postcard please...

Attachments

• French Cupra.jpg
    French Cupra.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Damo7

dave_c

Oct 3, 2016

Thanks for the reply. My clutch is doing the same also another reason why I cant wait to get rid of it! Tyres are also getting closer to the limits so if possible to give it back I will. These cars were made for being pushed, why its so ridiculous to put a clutch made of butter on it.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
SEAT Ireland told me today that Cupra ST return to production BW44...

Pinch of salt but they told me that.

As you were.

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
I think we all know it’s not a manual... since no one sells a 7 speed manual.. also it’s a DSG box..

I’m a class 1 truck driver, so have experience of 16 speed manual boxes (8 speed plus high/low splitter), but 8 have never seen a modern manual car box with more that 6 forward gears.. and I’m pretty confident Seat aren’t going to introduce one in the mk3 Leon...

Actually, Porsche have/had used a 7 Speed manual
Also Tremec make one that was used in the Corvette.

But I agree, it won't be used in a FWD hatchback.

I'm curious about the potential 7 speed DSG though...

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Actually, Porsche have/had used a 7 Speed manual
Also Tremec make one that was used in the Corvette.

But I agree, it won't be used in a FWD hatchback.

I'm curious about the potential 7 speed DSG though...

It would make sense to use the same DSG box for the ST and 5 door to save on WLTP runs as well as streamlining the production run.
Now the Seat France and Bulgaria sites have corroborated to show the DSG-7 for 5-door it’s a possibility. The fact that SLi shows 6-speed could just be that the descriptions were locked in before a decision was finally made and it now can’t be changed. Not long to find out now!!!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The fact that SLi shows 6-speed could just be that the descriptions were locked in before a decision was finally made and it now can’t be changed. Not long to find out now!!!

I can't imagine it would take too much to update the database description or item selection they've done it for the SEAT sound/Beats audio.

Hopefully they're just waiting for the update to happen - which maybe where the week 40 thing comes in.

All the new orders are going to have to show it as a 7 spd from next month (if they are actually building them with the 7 spd)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members