MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

AlexOS

If they all turn up with copper badging and a 7 speed and free winter pack I’ll take that as an exclusivity club for the wait we’ve had!
As long as it’s copper badges, stitching AND inlays... preferably wheels too... and they don’t remove all the flag badging...

I think if they start putting partial copper and removing some badging as mentioned before they’re likely to have refusals as it’ll look ridiculous.. but let’s not start that again.. lol

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Did you mention copper badging to them Alex?
When I spoke to the them this morning the agent told me to call back in 2 weeks to confirm the new specification.

I hadn't even asked about the spec at that point, was solely interested in build date.

I didn't press him for anything more as I was so surprised to have a build date - school boy error :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Damo7 and Woody31

Liam

Jul 6, 2018
Gloucester
Spoke with SEAT CS this morning, I ordered a ST 4drive early Feb and been given a build week of Week 40- I’m not getting my hopes up though as this totally contradicts what others have said for the ST-more likely just goes to show that they are clueless! I quizzed in depth as it seemed to me that he’s getting mixed up with the 5dr but he stuck with week 40! I’m still sceptical and taking with a pinch of salt, but apparently they have new info released to them this morning.

They also said that it will be specced exactly as ordered (D Red, ACC & SEAT Sound), I asked about copper badges and black calipers and he has heard nothing about any changes.

AlexOS

Spoke with SEAT CS this morning, I ordered a ST 4drive early Feb and been given a build week of Week 40- I’m not getting my hopes up though as this totally contradicts what others have said for the ST-more likely just goes to show that they are clueless! I quizzed in depth as it seemed to me that he’s getting mixed up with the 5dr but he stuck with week 40! I’m still sceptical and taking with a pinch of salt, but apparently they have new info released to them this morning.

They also said that it will be specced exactly as ordered (D Red, ACC & SEAT Sound), I asked about copper badges and black calipers and he has heard nothing about any changes.
The last CS guys I spoke to did the same, until I pointed out he was talking about the 5dr. He then called the product team and apologised and said that I was correct, and the ST would be week 45-51 depending on any delays getting other models through WLTP, as the 4drive is scheduled to be the last.:banghead:

AlexOS

When I spoke to the them this morning the agent told me to call back in 2 weeks to confirm the new specification.

I hadn't even asked about the spec at that point, was solely interested in build date.

I didn't press him for anything more as I was so surprised to have a build date - school boy error :)
Apparently as soon as they give a confirmed build date, the specification is locked so they should be able to give you a full spec.. although even if they do give you copper, as Damo7 think... it doesn't necessarily mean the ST will have it.

Its possible that Damo7 is correct that HE is getting copper in Ireland, but not us in the UK, as I notice from the French site that they still offer the ST as a 2 wheel drive variant (with the downrated 290ps engine and 6ps DSG), while the 4drive is listed as 300ps and 7sp DSG.

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Have the confirmed build weeks for the 290 been pushed back a week? I’m sure i was told week 38, now i have been told week 39,

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Have the confirmed build weeks for the 290 been pushed back a week? I’m sure i was told week 38, now i have been told week 39,
Not necessarily, I was told yesterday to expect my car to be built by week 40.

So didn't sound like a confirmed build week, but he made it sound like it would be no later than.

Last edited:

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Mines 39 still apparently, but it's all in the same ballpark

I just can't wait to drive around town making ridiculous noises

I wouldnt go getting hopes up yet, reading the forums on the 140i over on Babybmw they are saying the new cars with the GPF have had the pops and bangs on overrun etc mapped out and that they have stopped selling the M performance exhaust.

Lets hope they dont do somehing equally daft on this side.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I wouldnt go getting hopes up yet, reading the forums on the 140i over on Babybmw they are saying the new cars with the GPF have had the pops and bangs on overrun etc mapped out and that they have stopped selling the M performance exhaust.

Lets hope they dont do somehing equally daft on this side.
You're joking??

This is one of the main reasons I accepted the DSG.

The saga continues....

Jordan McCabe

Jul 5, 2018
Looks like we’re gonna get the 7 speed DSG after all :dance:

SEAT have added the 1.6tdi to the uk configurator and clearly shows it has the 7spd!

Reactions: cola

walshy

Jan 27, 2016
North West, UK
No worries I'll have a look through.

The CUPRA in the YouTube vid was that standard? Sounded unusually loud.

I think it probably had a res delete

And a friend of mine has the 140i from 2017 and it sounds about 3 times as loud as the new ones :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I think it probably had a res delete

And a friend of mine has the 140i from 2017 and it sounds about 3 times as loud as the new ones :(
I drove a 2018 M140i on Saturday. Wasn't much in the way of pops and bangs, but to be fair that car didn't need them.

As the CUPRA doesn't have that deep 6 cylinder sounds i need it to have the pops and bangs

It wouldn't be so bad if it had the sound of the S3. That thing sounded loud in "comfort" mode.

beddin90

Mar 31, 2014
I drove a 2018 M140i on Saturday. Wasn't much in the way of pops and bangs, but to be fair that car didn't need them.

As the CUPRA doesn't have that deep 6 cylinder sounds i need it to have the pops and bangs
emoji28.png

It wouldn't be so bad if it had the sound of the S3. That thing sounded loud in "comfort" mode.

My dad has the S3 and that does sound lovely. Think that is a valved exhaust though?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.