MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

AlexOS

I
Fair points made.
Although the red Calipers aren't a big deal as the UK brochure doesn't have the 7 spd either.

The only site I've seen with the updated 7 speed is the French. The Spanish site isn't even updated yet :)

The sill change wouldn't be major either.

I was told by a Stoneacre SEAT that have signed up to be a CUPRA dealership, they expected brand changes this year (possibly to the Leon), but they were extremely vague and gave no specifics. I kind of dismissed it.

At this stage all I want is a build date, I'm going accept the car regardless. I've been waiting far too long.
2f49f6b3908e61ddb499c7cf31a15788.jpg
I think it’s on the German and several Eastern European sites too.. the Cupra I saw had Cupra written on there to, but are they going to remove all the premuim touches fro the top model, and just have a plain door sill, when the FR etc have all the touches? If they are going to remove the badging and have it look like the bog standard bottom of the range model with a plain sill, then yes, it’ll be easy, but if they want it to look like the premium car it is, then it’ll take work.

I suspect they are going to make some changes, like possible gearbox and power changes, but for major overhaul of the colours, especially ones that have a major impact on the look of the car etc would have to go back to the customer... they had to contact customers for a 10ps decrease in power with 99.9% of people wouldn’t have noticed, so a major cosmetic change throughout the car would not be done without speaking to the customer first. They can make all the changes they like with customers who haven’t ordered yet, by producing a new brochure and saying, this is the new Cupra, this is how it is, but you can’t do that with customers who’ve already purchased a product, they have a legal obligation to tell you about major changes first.

you says you’d accept it regardless.. even with copper badges, white stitching and black inlays? They sort of colour scheme my 4 year old daughter would draw? It would look awful.. I wouldn’t spend over £30k on something like that..

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I

I think it’s on the German and several Eastern European sites too.. the Cupra I saw had Cupra written on there to, but are they going to remove all the premuim touches fro the top model, and just have a plain door sill, when the FR etc have all the touches?

I suspect they are going to make some changes, like possible gearbox and power changes, but for major overhaul of the colours, especially ones tha
T have a major impact on the look of the car etc would have to go back to the customer... they had to contact customers for a 10ps decrease in power with 99.9% of people wouldn’t have noticed, so a major cosmetic change throughout the car would not be done without speaking to the customer first.

It's not on the German site. The CUPRA has been removed.

The older models used to have it written on there (UK at least). My 280 has this but not illuminated.
When they moved to MY18 with the digital cockpit and rear USBs they changed it to just show the logos.

No all I was suggesting was that it wouldn't be major to change the red section of the illuminated sill from red to black or whatever.

I agree that they should inform the customers of changes, but in a lot of cases they haven't done.
The dealerships/customer services don't seem to know what's going on.

I had to inform my dealership about the power change and the removal of the manual (which I originally ordered)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
I’m not on a windup I can assure you.

The flag is simply being removed from the back... cupra will be written in black. Look at an ATECA Cupra picture of the interior. Steering wheel etc. It’s exactky like that but with an S on steering wheel.

I’m not sure about the stitching and it’s colour.

I mentioned the dial on the radio being copper but I actually think it’s just the Seat logo on start up that’s copper.

One thing I’m saying is my Cupra in Ireland in RHD will come as described in my posts. As for you guys in the UK I’ve no idea. I’ve never said it’ll be on UK cars but if mainland Europe do it and Ireland do it I can’t see you guys being left.

Rather than call Me a wind up merchant why don’t you ask your dealer to ask SEAT UK. Or ask SEAT UK yourself...

42/18 it changes I’m told. That may be delayed as WLTP changes occur but mines an ST 4Drive...

AlexOS

I’m not on a windup I can assure you.

The flag is simply being removed from the back... cupra will be written in black. Look at an ATECA Cupra picture of the interior. Steering wheel etc. It’s exactky like that but with an S on steering wheel.

I’m not sure about the stitching and it’s colour.

I mentioned the dial on the radio being copper but I actually think it’s just the Seat logo on start up that’s copper.

One thing I’m saying is my Cupra in Ireland in RHD will come as described in my posts. As for you guys in the UK I’ve no idea. I’ve never said it’ll be on UK cars but if mainland Europe do it and Ireland do it I can’t see you guys being left.

Rather than call Me a wind up merchant why don’t you ask your dealer to ask SEAT UK. Or ask SEAT UK yourself...

42/18 it changes I’m told. That may be delayed as WLTP changes occur but mines an ST 4Drive...
Why would remove all the Cupra flashes from the steering wheel? What relevance is that to anything? I have been in contact with Seat UK and my delay weekly for about 6 weeks now..

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
I’ve no idea why... I’m in the same boat as you. Waiting for a car. I’m a customer but a customer who was told about the changes...

Look at the pic I’ve attached. Steering wheel no flag, gear area no flag. Door handles, radio surrounds, gear knob all black.

I don’t know anything about stitching

Attachments

• 2F70759F-5E9B-4FE5-903D-40553B3ED1E5.jpeg
    2F70759F-5E9B-4FE5-903D-40553B3ED1E5.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 110

AlexOS

I’ve no idea why... I’m in the same boat as you. Waiting for a car. I’m a customer but a customer who was told about the changes...

Look at the pic I’ve attached. Steering wheel no flag, gear area no flag. Door handles, radio surrounds, gear knob all black.

Yes, but that’s a Cupra, not a Seat Cupra. It is covered in Cupra logos to show it’s a premium/performance car rather than the standard. The Seat Cupra has the flashes for that, to show it’s a top model. Take those away and all of a sudde the FR looks like the premium model with its badging.

It’s like Mercedes suddenly deciding to remove AMG, or BMW the M-Sport logos.. only worse, as the Leon Cupra is much more subtle and without the badges, with a quick glance you wouldn’t even know what it is.

Last edited:

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Yes, but that’s a Cupra, not a Seat Cupra. It is covered in Cupra logos to show it’s a premium/performance car rather than the standard. The Seat Cupra has the flashes for that, to show it’s a top model. Take those away and all of a sudde the FR looks like the premium model with its badging.

I agree with you. I love the flags inside, but they’ve removed them. I don’t like the fact they have.

It’ll still say Cupra on the outside and it’ll still have one black flag on the front.
I’m merely just telling you. That’s all. Believe me or don’t believe me, but next time you contact SEAT ask them straight out about what I’ve said.

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
That suggests an yet another discrepancy between those with confirmed build weeks of 38/39.

Those have the MY19 engine/exhaust changes + the winter pack.

Doesn't make sense that they'd change things 4 weeks later ...

what changes have they made to the exhaust? Thanks

AlexOS

I agree with you. I love the flags inside, but they’ve removed them. I don’t like the fact they have.

It’ll still say Cupra on the outside and it’ll still have one black flag on the front.
I’m merely just telling you. That’s all. Believe me or don’t believe me, but next time you contact SEAT ask them straight out about what I’ve said.
It just makes no sense Damo7. “Tell you what guys, let’s remove ALL the Cupra flags from the cars, as this is the most instantly recognisable feature that’s exclusive to us”... “hang on.. no, let’s leave just one! On the front grill, just for a laugh..”

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
what changes have they made to the exhaust? Thanks
No official technical info has been publicly released yet. I am referring to the 5dr model.

The 290bhp has been linked with a more restrictive exhaust designed to reduce emissions.
Following the same trend as the Golf R.

Reactions: Smolyneux85

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

Your telling us what's changing and attaching a picture that isn't even a Leon! I think you've been listening to far to many romours yourself.

There isn't a chance in a month of Sundays the centre console, door cards, doors and infotainment system is going to be changed on a car that is being replaced in 6 months. That's just what's wrong with in the picture without the rest of the stuff your adamant is allegedly being changed on a model that is being replaced shortly.

Ironically being replaced by the mk4 which has been publicised by Seat as the first Leon that will have cupra branding.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
Your telling us what's changing and attaching a picture that isn't even a Leon! I think you've been listening to far to many romours yourself.

There isn't a chance in a month of Sundays the centre console, door cards, doors and infotainment system is going to be changed on a car that is being replaced in 6 months. That's just what's wrong with in the picture without the rest of the stuff your adamant is allegedly being changed on a model that is being replaced shortly.

Ironically being replaced by the mk4 which has been publicised by Seat as the first Leon that will have cupra branding.

Ask Seat Uk. Send an aul mail to your dealer...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.