MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

AlexOS

I also ordered an ST 300 in Feb and SEAT CS recently gave me an update that it’s an estimated build of ‘somewhere between early Nov and mid Dec’, so tallies up with with others have recently been told. I’ll be lucky to have it for Xmas.
Thats exactly what they told me about 10 days ago. They basically said that as soon as the car goes through WLTP then they will start building the engines (expected mid to late October, then the car should go into build in early November.) however, we have to realise that they will probably build the left hand drive cars first, as there are probably a lot more of them on order.

I have heard rumours though from a couple of separate sources that they may be putting it through WLTP with 310ps and a 7 speed box... fingers crossed...

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just to confuse things even more another member of this forum pointed out this on one of the other SEAT websites.

See attached.

As always don't take it to mean anything as there are a few other details on there that don't add up, it's obviously a different market as well.

Shout out to Titchy for sharing..
34b9240eef219f05d2da1a2afad20d57.jpg
View attachment LEON_5_Portes_CUPRA.pdf

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Titchy

AlexOS

Just to confuse things even more another member of this forum pointed out this on one of the other SEAT websites.

See attached.

As always don't take it to mean anything as there are a few other details on there that don't add up, it's obviously a different market as well.

View attachment 1466

Another one that supports the info I’ve been given about the change to 7 speed DSG after the WLTP.

I suspect that this muse be an MY19 change that they haven’t confirmed as it’s still subject to the tests..

Still hoping for a 310 ST with the 7 speed.

AlexOS

See attached.

View attachment 1466

Seat France’s configuator for the Leon ST now has the cupra 4drive.. it is listed as a 290 or 300 depending where you read but both list a 7 speed DSG box..

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
If Google translate & Seat France are to be believed the French get the reverse camera and kessy as standard options with no winter pack.

Tbh the websites can be very misleading and don't align with the brochures.

Hopefully not long until we get confirmation of the official specs for each variant.

AlexOS

If Google translate & Seat France are to be believed the French get the reverse camera and kessy as standard options with no winter pack.

Tbh the websites can be very misleading and don't align with the brochures.

Hopefully not long until we get confirmation of the official specs for each variant.

I’m not bothered about the extras, although the winter pack is great and personally I do like the kessy (as long as you’re careful with keys).. but most updated sites seem to push the 7 speed DSG.. so fingers crossed on that one.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I’m not bothered about the extras, although the winter pack is great and personally I do like the kessy (as long as you’re careful with keys).. but most updated sites seem to push the 7 speed DSG.. so fingers crossed on that one.
I agree, the only extra I would welcome that i didn't order are the bucket seats.

I don't want kessy but I like the pulsating button that comes with it :)

DSG 7 speed would be great but in truth I don't know how much more efficient the 7th gear is.

AlexOS

I agree, the only extra I would welcome that i didn't order are the bucket seats.

I don't want kessy but I like the pulsating button that comes with it :)

DSG 7 speed would be great but in truth I don't know how much more efficient the 7th gear is.

I think the bucket seats look good, but the standard seats are very comfy, and the buckets do take some leg room away from the back seats.

If the Golf R is anything to go buy, it’s 0.1 sec quicker 0-62, so nothing noticeable, and that’s probably the extra power, so the extra gear is purely a cruise gear, which for me would be quite useful on the MPG I would think.

AlexOS

I've got a "daft" question. If the power is going down to 290. Does it means they'll bring down the torque aswell from 380nm to 350? Or there could be a possibility to keep the torque as 380?
Not according to their press releases when they dropped the 5 door. As mentioned previously, I have heard from a couple of sources that they may actually be increasing it to 310..

AlexOS

Great question, I've been wondering the same myself.

Everything seems a bit wierd at the moment power wise, with them dropping the 5dr to 290 and the Golf R to 300. However they have specifically said they won’t be dropping the ST, and they are trying to push the Cupra brand as the groups performance brand so it wouldn’t make sense to drop the ST. I think that’s where the rumours of 310 came from, but it would be sensible matching that up with the 7 speed box

Last edited:
Reactions: GhostDriver

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Everything seems a bit wierd at the moment power wise, with them dropping the 5dr to 290 and the Golf R to 300. However they have specifically said they won’t be dropping the ST, and they are trying to push the Cupra brand as the groups performance brand so it wouldn’t make sense to drop the ST. I think that’s where the rumours of 310 came from, but it would be sensible matching that up with the 7 speed box
It is very weird.
I know they're pushing the CUPRA brand, but I didn't feel like it was doing it on the MK3 Leon.

The Ateca seemed to be the focus of the brand this year.

The CUPRA R is still SEAT branded. The R ST seems to have been temporarily replaced with the toned down carbon edition.

If they relaunch the 4 drive ST now under the SEAT brand with 310 bhp and 7spd DSG, wonder what that means for carbon edition.

There is a lot of evidence to suggest that the 7 spd DSG is likely for the ST though.

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
They’re moving the MY19 Cupra towards the Cupra brand by removing the flags and adding copper badges among other things, I’ve said that here before and many doubt me but I’m very very confident this will happen.

AlexOS

They’re moving the MY19 Cupra towards the Cupra brand by removing the flags and adding copper badges among other things, I’ve said that here before and many doubt me but I’m very very confident this will happen.
I’ll be upset on both counts if they do. Personally I like the flag badges, and the copper branding wouldn’t work for me without the more aggressive styling of the R, or the Mystery Blue colour I’ve gone for.. plus, the R still has the flag on the grill, and the flag/R on the back..

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Evening mate,

Yes I remember your posts, you were hinting at the interior design being similar to the Ateca CUPRA.

I've not heard much more on that from the various sites and brochures.

Do you expect that to appear from the week 38 production of the 5dr? Or later i.e week 45 onwards?

AlexOS

Evening mate,

Yes I remember your posts, you were hinting at the interior design being similar to the Ateca CUPRA.

I've not heard much more on that from the various sites and brochures.

Do you expect that to appear from the week 38 production of the 5dr? Or later i.e week 45 onwards?

I’d have thought any changes, either to the styling Damo7 suggests, or the engine/gearbox, as I’ve heard, would be on MY19 models, from late October if on the 5 door, or whenever they start building the STs again..

Damo7

Sep 11, 2016
I’ve ordered Mystery Blue too.
Totally unsure how the copper will look.

The only flag left will be black on the front. None inside. None on the back, none on door sills.

My info is also that it’s BW42/2018 onwards.

That’s what I’m told. I’m very very confident.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
I’ve ordered Mystery Blue too.
Totally unsure how the copper will look.

The only flag left will be black on the front. None inside. None on the back, none on door sills.

My info is also that it’s BW42/2018 onwards.

That’s what I’m told. I’m very very confident.
How can they have illuminated sill plates if they are doing away with the flag on the door sills?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.