MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The lady at Seat UK (CS Manager called Rae whom I’m sure you will have spoken to at some point) confirmed to me and to my supplying dealer that the spare tyre has been dropped as standard on the Cupra due to WLTP. She sought clarity on this specific subject and said that no MY18’s would arrive with one and in its place is the emergency repair kit. She has also told the Seat Product team to be more transparent via your Seat intranet on the confirmed changes that they know about and and not trickling the changes down and confusing matters (winter pack as standard being one).
Unless you've spec'd seat sound I hope :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woody31

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
IS there an app for iphone though? The Alexa only works with andriod's Seat media control app.

There used to be a couple of iphone apps (neither of which seemed to work too well) but there dont seem to be any now..
Hi mate,

From the looks of things just like before it's coming to Android first with plans to come to IOS at a later date. See below

I have an iOS device. Can I download the SEAT Media Control with Amazon Alexa app?

Unfortunately, SEAT Media Control with Amazon Alexa is only available for Android devices at this time.

As WLAN is required for the service and the Nav high is no longer available, this suggests WLAN will be added to the standard Navi systems. see below

How can I get Amazon Alexa for my SEAT?

If you own an Android device, simply download the SEAT Media Control with Amazon Alexa app from the Google Play Store. To set up the app on your Leon or Ateca, use your Navi System Plus produced from June 2017 or later. You can also set up the app on your Leon and Ateca with Navi System, and Ibiza and Arona with Navi System + WLAN option, all produced from August 2018."

Taken from SEAT's official site

https://www.seat.com/future-today/move-and-live.html

Just no mention of this in the price list.

Last edited:

Suu

Aug 13, 2018
Just spoke to seat uk. They denied a gesture of goodwill. But my build week has been confirmed. Week 39

White 5dr dsg w/ pan roof and ACC

Ordered on 23rd May

Matt-taylor

May 1, 2018
Nice one mate.

I'd rather take that build date than £250 right now tbh.

Still nothing here.

Id go back to your dealer if thats who you brought it from (not a broker) and ask them, thats who your contract is with, not with Seat UK, i asked and got a service, mats ( i know the cupra comes with mats but rubber ones are better in the winter) and a boot liner

#dontaskdontget

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Id go back to your dealer if thats who you brought it from (not a broker) and ask them, thats who your contract is with, not with Seat UK, i asked and got a service, mats ( i know the cupra comes with mats but rubber ones are better in the winter) and a boot liner

#dontaskdontget
SEAT already gave me £250 back in Jan for my original delayed 300 order which came with the wrong spec.

They're now also giving me a DSG for the price of the manual, paying for the painting and fitting of my side skirts and VWFS are extending my lease at a lower rate and covering my major service and M.O.T. until the 290 comes.

They're all goodwill gestured out in my case....

cola

May 23, 2018
Nothing for me either. Checked my dates and was ordered on the 9th May accepted by 14th. 5dr with no options except metallic paint.

I don't want to come across as rude but it is frustrating to see those who ordered a month later getting build dates first - doesn't seem logical but I'm sure there is some justification.

Suu

Aug 13, 2018
Nothing for me either. Checked my dates and was ordered on the 9th May accepted by 14th. 5dr with no options except metallic paint.

I don't want to come across as rude but it is frustrating to see those who ordered a month later getting build dates first - doesn't seem logical but I'm sure there is some justification.
I was expecting December cause that’s what they initially said. So earlier than intended . My current lease don’t finish till end of December

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017

Sadly you get used to that, I ordered in January... I get my weekly call from SEAT UK not telling me anything and just guessing. Dealers have done what they could, and their best guess is October

Reactions: Copra68

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

Try ordering in February I've been tearing my hair out as has the fella at seat who set up my lease. I've only calmed and accepted it since they confirmed I'll be getting the winter pack and top of what I ordered.

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
The lady at Seat UK (CS Manager called Rae whom I’m sure you will have spoken to at some point) confirmed to me and to my supplying dealer that the spare tyre has been dropped as standard on the Cupra due to WLTP. She sought clarity on this specific subject and said that no MY18’s would arrive with one and in its place is the emergency repair kit. She has also told the Seat Product team to be more transparent via your Seat intranet on the confirmed changes that they know about and and not trickling the changes down and confusing matters (winter pack as standard being one).

My MY18 Cupra 300 SC (collected 27th July) has a space saver, and not the emergency repair kit. I've got SEAT sound though and the sub sits in the spare wheel compartment... Would that be why?

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Those who ordered before I did in June and haven't got a build week yet, which paint colour have you gone for and what options did you add? I ordered in June in desire red and only added winter pack. I've also been offered (and accepted) £250 as compensation for the 300 to 290 debacle but could have had a free service instead. As an oil change is only £189 I took the money!

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
One of the reasons I ordered seat sound kill 2 birds with one stone, for the spare wheel aswell. Not wanting to rely on tyre sealant lol.

I've hated the sealant since I first used it to repair a puncture on my old car (which was less than a month old at the time), only to be told by the garage that I'd effectively f****d the tyre by doing it, and that the whole thing needed to be replaced. Admittedly it was a rookie error, but it's not something you'd necessarily be aware of if you'd never had to do it before..!

It wouldn't have been so bad except for the fact that the garage was about 200 yards from my house and I could have limped it there, but oh no I decided to repair it and take the car to work first!

Reactions: Copra68

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Those who ordered before I did in June and haven't got a build week yet, which paint colour have you gone for and what options did you add? I ordered in June in desire red and only added winter pack. I've also been offered (and accepted) £250 as compensation for the 300 to 290 debacle but could have had a free service instead. As an oil change is only £189 I took the money!
I ordered a 5dr hatch in monsoon grey (now magnetic grey). DSG and Seat sound is all I ordered on top.

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Tried this earlier myself
White 5dr
Winter pack
Camera pack
SEAT sound
Pan roof
Acc

I don't think we're in a position to work out whatever logic they use.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members