• Total voters
On May 26th 2018 I placed my order for a 5dr DSG Leon Cupra in

Advanced comfort and driver pack
Safety Pack
Monsoon grey metallic paint
Seat Sound System
Winter pack
Full link

So far ive had 0 contact from Seat. I finally got in touch with CS today to be told theres no updates on my car until week 40, so im hoping this is when they're aiming to set a build week?Theyve said i could try calling late september. Ive never bought a brand new car before so not really sure

I already know about the power decrease (from what ive read online; again, no contact from Seat)
What i didnt know, is that the paint option shouldve been free of charge but i paid £400+ for it.
What i also didnt know is that Full link shouldve been included - again, extra cost added
And the other salesperson mentioned winter pack was included with the price too, but the salesman arranging the order added it anyway "to be sure"

I came on here hoping to get a rough idea on build times but by the looks of things theyre making it up as they go along haha

Where do i stand on getting the cost of the paint and full link (atleast) removed from the cost of my order given it was standard at the time of ordering?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

Advanced comfort and driver pack
Safety Pack
Monsoon grey metallic paint
Seat Sound System
Winter pack
Full link

So far ive had 0 contact from Seat. I finally got in touch with CS today to be told theres no updates on my car until week 40, so im hoping this is when they're aiming to set a build week?Theyve said i could try calling late september. Ive never bought a brand new car before so not really sure

I already know about the power decrease (from what ive read online; again, no contact from Seat)
What i didnt know, is that the paint option shouldve been free of charge but i paid £400+ for it.
What i also didnt know is that Full link shouldve been included - again, extra cost added
And the other salesperson mentioned winter pack was included with the price too, but the salesman arranging the order added it anyway "to be sure"

I came on here hoping to get a rough idea on build times but by the looks of things theyre making it up as they go along haha

Where do i stand on getting the cost of the paint and full link (atleast) removed from the cost of my order given it was standard at the time of ordering?
Did you order from a seat dealer or a broker? Also seat CS won't do anything or contact you until you call to complain.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Ordered with Riverside Seat in Hull
If they have charged you for things that were already standard or included then I'd log a complaint with them, if they don't sort it call seat customer services and tell them the dealer has screwed you and hopefully they will assist you.

With regards to the car I would call seat and tell them you really aren't happy with the delay and change to the cars power output, they will offer you compensation and then keep you updated when info becomes available.

If they have charged you for things that were already standard or included then I'd log a complaint with them, if they don't sort it call seat customer services and tell them the dealer has screwed you and hopefully they will assist you.

With regards to the car I would call seat and tell them you really aren't happy with the delay and change to the cars power output, they will offer you compensation and then keep you updated when info becomes available.

Would you log the complaint with the dealer directly or go straight to CS about it along with the other phone call?

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Would you log the complaint with the dealer directly or go straight to CS about it along with the other phone call?
I'd give the dealership the chance to correct there mistakes first, call seat about the delay etc.

If you need to call back up and make a complaint about the dealer then they would just treat it seperately.

AlexOS

If you ordered in May then as far as i am aware, neither the Winter pack or the meatallic paint were included as you ordered a MY18 car.. these are MY19 additions, and the MY19 isnt (according to Scrogg, who seems very knowledgeable) available to order yet, although those of us who ordered MY18 and have been migrated to MY19 have received these..

I believe that if you compare your M18 price with the options that have now been included tothe MY19 ,the newer car would be more expensive.. ?

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
At the time of ordering in May the full link was included as standard; however, the metallic paint only became standard for MY2019 models (from Jul 18 onwards?), but the base price has increased by more than the metallic paint option - I think that the advice that has been posted is that the price will be frozen at MY2018 prices (May 18).

I'm in a similar position awaiting confirmation of a well specced car ordered in Mar 18, including optional paint, winter pack and Seat sound which all may now be standard (according to those that have received correspondence from their dealers/brokers) - with the order unlikely to arrive until Nov/Dec I will also be losing money on my current car's value (trade-in) and be required to complete MOT and a major service!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
At the time of ordering in May the full link was included as standard; however, the metallic paint only became standard for MY2019 models (from Jul 18 onwards?), but the base price has increased by more than the metallic paint option - I think that the advice that has been posted is that the price will be frozen at MY2018 prices (May 18).

I'm in a similar position awaiting confirmation of a well specced car ordered in Mar 18, including optional paint, winter pack and Seat sound which all may now be standard (according to those that have received correspondence from their dealers/brokers) - with the order unlikely to arrive until Nov/Dec I will also be losing money on my current car's value (trade-in) and be required to complete MOT and a major service!

Didn't realize that it was thought that SEAT Sound would be included also?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
I can’t see anything in the price list to indicate that seat sound is standard..??
It's not. Other than now being standard on Mii (for reasons that nobody can explain!) SEAT Sound/Beats Audio is no longer available on any model.

Reactions: N8KOW

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
It's not. Other than now being standard on Mii (for reasons that nobody can explain!) SEAT Sound/Beats Audio is no longer available on any model.
Thanks. I was asking the question due to an earlier post.

Have you received anything further about WLAN being standard?
Seeing a lot of articles saying Alexa will be available for MY19 Leon's. The app is also publicly available on Android. The WLAN is a prerequisite.
Nothing in the price list to confirm.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Metallic paint was being offered to me as a free options when I was getting quotes as an MY18 car. Full Link was also free and has been since the 290 came out two years ago - still not sure why it was a cost option at some dealers.
I had the winter pack added on my MY18 order as a £370 cost option added to the monthlies - this is now a ‘free’ option on MY18 to MY19 as was confirmed to me by Seat last month. I’ve no idea if all MY18 to MY19 conversions will get this regardless of whether it was not added or not...only Seat UK can confirm that.
Let’s bloody well hope neither P-Zeros, Contact 5P’s or Bridgestone are fitted! No idea how the Contact 6’s compare but I think I might take my 6 month old PS4S’s off my current 290 and put back on some used 5P’s from eBay. I’ve still
got 2 in the garage with 4mm on so just need a cheap pair for BCA to look at when it’s collected.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Thanks for the confirmation Re: Seat Sound... I'll just have to wait out to see what options actually arrive!

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
What is also annoying is that the spare wheel is removed and cannot be replaced from the factory with one in place of the emergency repair kit. I was told by Seat this is due to WLTP but I call bullshine on this...the weight difference is so ridiculously marginal with one that it cannot appreciably affect the overall mpg or emissions. It can however, be added at a dealer level as a £115 upsell and added to the car! Even MY18’s ordered with it as a ‘standard’ option won’t receive one.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...still not sure why it was a cost option at some dealers.
Brokers, not dealers. From what I have read on here the only people paying extra for a standard feature are using a leasing company/broker rather than an official retailer.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
What is also annoying is that the spare wheel is removed and cannot be replaced from the factory with one in place of the emergency repair kit.
Yes it can. It is a factory option on all models now. It was standard on CUPRA (but not on any other models) from MY17, but for consistency across the range it is now an option. I have yet to see anything confirming (or even suggesting) that fitting one increases the emissions.

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Yes it can. It is a factory option on all models now. It was standard on CUPRA (but not on any other models) from MY17, but for consistency across the range it is now an option. I have yet to see anything confirming (or even suggesting) that fitting one increases the emissions.

The lady at Seat UK (CS Manager called Rae whom I’m sure you will have spoken to at some point) confirmed to me and to my supplying dealer that the spare tyre has been dropped as standard on the Cupra due to WLTP. She sought clarity on this specific subject and said that no MY18’s would arrive with one and in its place is the emergency repair kit. She has also told the Seat Product team to be more transparent via your Seat intranet on the confirmed changes that they know about and and not trickling the changes down and confusing matters (winter pack as standard being one).

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.