MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

AlexOS

Think I found the colour mate.
Looking at the title... “7-DSG”... 7 Speed box now? Another bonus in the works??? Price list has the 1.6 tdi’s as the 7 speed, but the Cupra still down as 6... personally fingers crossed for the 7 on the cupra too...

Plus on page 14 of the price list... Cupra ST DSG 4Drive is listed as leather seats, NOT the alcantara... although page 9 still has the alcantara... could you have the alcantara seats heated??

Last edited:

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
Looking at the title... “7-DSG”... 7 Speed box now? Another bonus in the works??? Price list has the 1.6 tdi’s as the 7 speed, but the Cupra still down as 6... personally fingers crossed for the 7 on the cupra too...

Plus on page 14 of the price list... Cupra ST DSG 4Drive is listed as leather seats, NOT the alcantara... although page 9 still has the alcantara... could you have the alcantara seats heated??
I ordered the winter pack with the alcantara so yes

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013

We'll not get the 7speed dsg that's another thing kept for the golf R and S3.

Deleted member 103408

As somebody who know nothing, the current setup is the dry box 7 speed gearbox is only for lower power cars because the dq200 has a max 250 nm power it can cope with. VAG also want to keep the differentiation between Seat, Skoda, VW & Audi so it makes sense to give the premium models a better gearbox vs the others.

Maxloafer

Apr 1, 2018
East Yorkshire
As somebody who know nothing, the current setup is the dry box 7 speed gearbox is only for lower power cars because the dq200 has a max 250 nm power it can cope with. VAG also want to keep the differentiation between Seat, Skoda, VW & Audi so it makes sense to give the premium models a better gearbox vs the others.

Which setup do they use in the S3/Golf R then? I also don’t know much about the setups.

Deleted member 103408

Dont know for sure but the old mK7 Golf had the same 6 speed DQ250, doing a quick search looks like the new 7.5 one you can get a 7 speed box which I presume is a wet box (so the same would apply on the Audi).

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
Seat U.K. don’t know their arse from their elbow. They cancelled my manual ST order months ago, I moved on and ordered something else. I got a call from them yesterday asking me if I’d accept compensation as my order is delayed. Yes go on then love....I haven’t even placed another order, muppets.

Reactions: Copra68

Deleted member 103408

How much compensation did you get offered if you want to share I have children who need new shoes :)

GhostDriver

Jul 5, 2018
Seat U.K. don’t know their arse from their elbow. They cancelled my manual ST order months ago, I moved on and ordered something else. I got a call from them yesterday asking me if I’d accept compensation as my order is delayed. Yes go on then love....I haven’t even placed another order, muppets.

What was the reason to cancel your order?

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
What was the reason to cancel your order?

I had a call a couple of weeks before I was actually due to collect the car from the dealers. They stated that the car hadn’t been built as they were stopping the manual version of the ST.

Denno

Mar 29, 2018
How much compensation did you get offered if you want to share I have children who need new shoes :)

That’s my point, they offered me nothing for the fact they cancelled my order 2 weeks before collection. Then phone months later out of the blue to offer me compo for a delayed car I haven’t ordered! Wonder what car it was

Last edited:

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
That's pretty awful - considering many have received cars ordered after this date. My broker keep telling me my 5dr is expected by the end of October. This clearly isn't possible considering I don't have a build date and the repeated information that the car won't start building until October again. I wouldn't accept waiting 10-11 months.

Do you have the SLI number (order number) for your order? My broker gateway2lease is the same isn’t the best with supplying information. Best advice is if you have the SLI number is to phone Seat customer service option 7 and speak direct. Hope this helps if you haven’t already spoken to Seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BipedalMale

Jun 21, 2018
Way down west...
I'm with gateway2lease as well, I am being told the end of November (and have been told the same thing for over a month now).

I have no more information other than the supplying dealer chain.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members