• Welcome to our new sponsor Lecatona, a brand dedicated to enhancing performance for VAG group sports cars, including SEAT, Audi, Volkswagen and Škoda. Specializing in High Pressure Fuel Pump (HPFP) upgrades.

Model Year 2018 Changes

Flaw3d Genius

Jan 8, 2015
Glasgow
You would think 150bhp is enough for such a tiny car, I'd put money on the 0-60 time being not that far off the Fiesta ST's 0-60 time.

Last edited:

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Bumping to see if anyone knows anything else about active info display coming to the cupra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Hope so! I’ll be looking to order may/June time for October delivery hopefully

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
VERY forward thinking!

Yeah I get a bit excitable about new Cars, got a lot of test drives planned as well and I’ve seen the amount of delays in Cupra builds so figured it best to think sooner rather than later!

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
What cars?

Cupra
R
GTI
Focus ST
Audi S3

Financially the only real options are Cupra and GTI, the R is too crap for economy, S3 is extortionate and I’m not a fan of the ST interior but fancy the test drive anyway!

Probably test a few DSG and manual, probably going to stay manual but will test the DSG for the farts

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
Cupra
R
GTI
Focus ST
Audi S3

Financially the only real options are Cupra and GTI, the R is too crap for economy, S3 is extortionate and I’m not a fan of the ST interior but fancy the test drive anyway!

Probably test a few DSG and manual, probably going to stay manual but will test the DSG for the farts

I had a Golf R in 2014, and 2 of my friends have S3s currently, 1 FL, and 1 PFL. Both of them are very UNDERWHELMED with the Audi. Interior is miles ahead of everything else, but in terms of feel etc they both say the car is BORING and leaves them wanting. My Golf R was Stage 1 and just blows literally most things away on the road. 4WD off the line is the reason alone I wouldn't bother driving the ST/GTI.

I averaged 300-340 miles out of a full tank in the Golf R over 49k.

Hope that helps :D

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I had a Golf R in 2014, and 2 of my friends have S3s currently, 1 FL, and 1 PFL. Both of them are very UNDERWHELMED with the Audi. Interior is miles ahead of everything else, but in terms of feel etc they both say the car is BORING and leaves them wanting. My Golf R was Stage 1 and just blows literally most things away on the road. 4WD off the line is the reason alone I wouldn't bother driving the ST/GTI.

I averaged 300-340 miles out of a full tank in the Golf R over 49k.

Hope that helps :D

No it didn’t help it’s just made me confused again! Last few weeks I’ve been set on the Cupra since it works out like 3k cheaper on lease! Maybe 4WD will be to more than just the estate next year, I pray and doubt anyway, I love my FR 184 but I am a sucker for 4 exhausts haha

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
No it didn’t help it’s just made me confused again! Last few weeks I’ve been set on the Cupra since it works out like 3k cheaper on lease! Maybe 4WD will be to more than just the estate next year, I pray and doubt anyway, I love my FR 184 but I am a sucker for 4 exhausts haha

Yeah, I'm going Cupra ST 300 DSG 4WD. Replaced the Golf R with a GLA 45 AMG currently. 4WD is a MUST once you had it. Had an ED30 DSG a few years back, but you end up getting fed up with spinning wheels :rofl:

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Yeah, I'm going Cupra ST 300 DSG 4WD. Replaced the Golf R with a GLA 45 AMG currently. 4WD is a MUST once you had it. Had an ED30 DSG a few years back, but you end up getting fed up with spinning wheels :rofl:

I’m too young and lacking the need for doors and space to buy an estate, I’m more SC age stage still! I guess I’ll just irritate dealers with endless test drives for the next 7 months haha

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
That's fair enough, but the Golf/Leon/S3 look FAR better in a 5 door IMO, lines are weird on the 3 doors :D

I have an SC FR Titanium currently so I think the skirts and spoiler help it look good with the lines! Much better than my old Turbo Corsa anyway!
65d425db8a17fac30cba64d53f40cf3a.jpg

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
I spoke to dealer as he hadn't put my order in on the system yet. He eventually confirmed that orders going in now for Ice Silver will be 99.9% sure of getting the replacement Urban Silver and hardly any noticeable difference between the two.

Urban Silver is called Floret Silver on the Audi if anyone wants to know what it will look like.

Good news if you have an order in now, bad news if you want to order new Cupra in Silver as its now going to cost you £575 extra as a paint upgrade. Be interested in how sales go now that standard red is disappearing and the no cost option is solid Mediterranean Blue.

I wonder how popular the Mediterranean blue is in the UK? As SEAT are offering free metallic paint on lease deals, probably because they think they'll struggle to sell on the returns in crap blue that folks could choose on lease to keep the monthly payments down.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I have an SC FR Titanium currently so I think the skirts and spoiler help it look good with the lines! Much better than my old Turbo Corsa anyway!
65d425db8a17fac30cba64d53f40cf3a.jpg

IMO I think the 3 door Leon looks far better than the 5 door, I just hate the 'C' pillar on the 5 door.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.