New Ibiza

ibiza

Jan 21, 2017
Picked up the new Ibiza today and I love it! It's so amazing! I'll do a review in a week but so far it's well worth the money :D

shares-Ay4fQ5

https://www.flickr.com/photos/148344316@N06/shares/B77e5G

Last edited:

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
Very nice.
5 Dr.
Had to get a 5 Dr mk 5 Ibiza. Wife told me !!!!
Bought it last may 14 plate. 23,000 on clock one lady owner !!!! Very happy with it. 1.2 Tsi Fr.
Still got my old mk 4 Ibiza 1.9 TDI sport. 08.bought it new.147,500, on clock now
Still love it, can't part with it.
Wife not happy I didn't put it in part exchange.

Andy

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
How are the Bi-Xenons? Much brighter than your candle powered previous car? Hee hee...
I trust nothing rattles..

steveemacz FR

Dec 23, 2016
Manchester
Nice, good colour choice, I suppose the wait was well worth it and the Bi xenons too. Is it the FR tech spec?

Last edited:

ibiza

Jan 21, 2017
How are the Bi-Xenons? Much brighter than your candle powered previous car? Hee hee...
I trust nothing rattles..

They are amazing! Can't fault them! (Touching my Head) Nothing yet! :) I'm going to do a review soon, and take some more photos but I'm going to clean it on Saturday then do it, my partner is going to add a bit to the review too with her thoughts.

ibiza

Jan 21, 2017
Nice, good colour choice, I suppose the wait was well worth it and the Bi xenons too. Is it the FR tech spec?

The wait was worth every minute! Even with the slight front paintwork damage that's being fixed next week, Yeah its the 1.2 TSI FR Tech 5 door

1.2 is perfect and I haven't found any need for anything higher, this pulls in 5th gear up hills which is crazy! The turbo is good too!

Loving the cruise control, drive profile, and the full link.

Not impressed with the ambient lighting but that's my fault as I though it had the lights down the side of the front doors but that's on the Leon, this just has the lights in the footwells.

ibiza

Jan 21, 2017
My partner noticed something though, my rear lights/bumper don't seem to stick out as much as it does on all the photos?

Is it just the color that's not showing it as well as the rest? (check the photo and you'll see what I mean). I could be having a silly moment!

Last edited:

steveemacz FR

Dec 23, 2016
Manchester
My partner noticed something though, my rear lights/bumper don't seem to stick out as much as it does on all the photos?

Is it just the color that's not showing it as well as the rest? (check the photo and you'll see what I mean). I could be having a silly moment!

It's the angle of how you've taken the photos that's all. But that's about it. I notice from the side , the bumpers for the FR and standard look the same, but can only tell from the back, the FR rear bumper is slightly more prominent.

ibiza

Jan 21, 2017
It's the angle of how you've taken the photos that's all. But that's about it. I notice from the side , the bumpers for the FR and standard look the same, but can only tell from the back, the FR rear bumper is slightly more prominent.

Ah cheers, I'll stand right back behind it tomorrow and take a photo but I'm sure your right, chees

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
Well I didn't want to wait for the new one as my car was starting to show it's age, plus the cost increase would of been massive! I got nearly £6k off this one! :)

Makes sense! Also brand new models are more likely to have teething problems. It's no accident that VAG are releasing the new platform on the Ibiza before committing to the Polo or A1.

ibiza

Jan 21, 2017
Makes sense! Also brand new models are more likely to have teething problems. It's no accident that VAG are releasing the new platform on the Ibiza before committing to the Polo or A1.

Agreed!

On a different note, my Ibiza is having issues connecting to the telematics app over bluetooth (iphone), anyone else ever had this issue?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Besides the telematics, how you finding it?

Last weekend I was going on the A406, for about 20 miles...doing 30-55 mph....got a new mpg record of 59 mpg average since refuel..20 miles ago...

Yesterday day, it was nice and warm 16-17 degrees, managed to go another 20 miles...starting from A406 to Intu Lakeside shopping...most of the route was 40-70mph....average 56.2 mpg :) :) ...using Shell 95 fuel...and as a bonus fuel prices have gone down a little...118p where I live for shell 95. Car now has 1600 miles.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.