Remap (I KNOW) Cupra 290

johnh1990

Aug 4, 2012
I've just bought a Cupra 280 and I'm thinking about one of these tuning boxes until the warranty expires. Does anyone have a manual cupra with a box or remap? Read somewhere that manual doesn't handle extra power that the DSG can

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I've just bought a Cupra 280 and I'm thinking about one of these tuning boxes until the warranty expires. Does anyone have a manual cupra with a box or remap? Read somewhere that manual doesn't handle extra power that the DSG can
Spent ages sending you a PM only to discover it wouldn't send...

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
I've got a manual with a DTUK box on for about 7500 miles and not had a problem since. Not as far as I'm aware anyway! Sometimes if I hold my foot down in third as it's nearing 6k revs it shoots up a tad but at the same time TCS light flashes up so I think it's just that interfering.This has happened twice I think so I don't think it's an issue. As for the box I'd definitely recommend it! Have a VWR600 intake and Miltek catback with it

Last edited:

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I've got a manual with a DTUK box on for about 7500 miles and not had a problem since. Not as far as I'm aware anyway! Sometimes if I hold my foot down in third as it's nearing 6k revs it shoots up a tad but at the same time TCS light flashes up so I think it's just that interfering.This has happened twice I think so I don't think it's an issue. As for the box I'd definitely recommend it! Have a VWR600 intake and Miltek catback with it
Go into car settings and turn TCS completely off and see if it does it. That'll tell you if is your clutch or not. Although you'd expect it lower down the Rev range in 4th upwards so you're probably good to go.

Piran

Jun 2, 2015
Kent
Didn't think about that :p I guess I 'm haven't been too worried since it happened a while back. I'll give it a go though and put my foot down a few times see if it reacts different

johnh1990

Aug 4, 2012
Have a read through this mate. Might be of use to you.

ttp://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7250023-Burger-Motorsport-JB1-Plug-and-Play-Information-Thread-7R-and-S3-Specific[/url]

Cheers mate. Sounds like these can't be detected by dealers :D

Don't suppose you know how much a replacement or upgraded clutch would cost if it was to Go?

johnh1990

Aug 4, 2012

Cheers mate. How many miles on your cupra now.. just bought mine with 22k on it. Miltek any good? Looking for an exhaust myself but wanting one with no drone

johnh1990

Aug 4, 2012
That's the same as what I posted.

A replacement clutch is pricy. Think 4 figures. That's why the JB1 is decent for people with manuals as you can drop the boost yourself.

Ouch

Jb1 Sounds good to me. I know stage 1 can take these to 360bhp but I'd be happy with 320 knowing it will be less harsh on clutch.

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Boost pressure sensor, accessed from underneath the car, and the fuel pressure sensor, underneath the engine cover. So two sensors.

The power is immense. The car pulls like ****. Fourth gear is particularly potent; car can be left in fourth on a country road.

Fuel sensor? Where is that? I know you say under the engine cover but do you have a picture you could post please.

Just trying to get my head around where i would connect if i got one. I know the lower boost location:D

Andrew@DTUK

Forum Sponsor
we've recently taken delivery of a brand new Audi S3 310ps and added our FSR+ module, i know that its 4WD, but the figures speak for themselves..

14650605_10154193839105756_56405056736114318_n.jpg

and for anyone interested in buying a box for their 280/290 then make sure the box youre buying uses a cam connection for a true RPM signal, otherwise the boost is simply being increased in quite a crude manner..

Here is as install video for a golf R, which is 99.9% the same as the Leon

https://youtu.be/eQFoKSV7xi8

MGCupra

Mar 28, 2016
Andrew@DTUK is there a reason that the cupra 290 only goes to 350ps and the golf r, golf clubsport s and the audi s3 all go to 375ps yet all are supposed to have the same engine?