Eml light and erratic temp gauge

fozzie1984

Feb 7, 2015
My temp gauge on my 53 LCR is very erratic and sometimes shows 90 and then will just drop off to 60 and stay there for a bit,its also had the eml light come on today are these two things connected?if so is it just worth bunging a new sensor on or is it going to be a thermostat change?ill check all the wiring tomorow as its a bit dark now.

Richie29

Nov 1, 2014
Harrogate
I'd be changing the thermostat and putting a genuine temp sensor in I changed both of mine nd my temp gauge is where it should be!! Thermostat doesn't take long maybe 30mins to an hour depending on experience

Richie29

Nov 1, 2014
Harrogate
Yeah suppose to sit at 90!! I mean thmeromstat is a £5-£6 part so no brainer really!!! As for the mel light your best off getting it scanned to be sure what the problem actually is

fozzie1984

Feb 7, 2015
Yeah suppose to sit at 90!! I mean thmeromstat is a £5-£6 part so no brainer really!!! As for the mel light your best off getting it scanned to be sure what the problem actually is

got it scanned it was p1296 which is temp sensor and thermostat so thats good,shame that now the gearbox is making a strange noise at low speed like a metallic clunking noise and on full lock there is a grinding noise.but hey it came with a warranty so its either getting fixed or im getting a refund

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
I've recently fixed a Leon Cupra R with the p1296 code. I had previously fitted a genuine temp sensor which cleared the fault for a week.

Replaced the thermostat and the light has since been off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members