Aftermarket Panel Filter for LCR 265?

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset
Just wondered if anyone has changed their standard panel filter for an aftermarket version from K+N, Pipercross, Green etc, as I have just tried to do mine with a K+N which was meant to fit and it doesn't?

Does the LCR (Mk2) have a different shaped air filter to the Cupra/FR etc?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Yup, just get an induction kit - keep an eye on the for sale section as they come up fairly regularly.

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset
Thanks for the replies guys, but I don't want an induction kit for varous reasons, I just need to know if the panel filter is specific to the LCR?

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
Its the same airbox so id say no..., fitted my old pipercross filter from my cupra to an s3 so cant see it been different for the lcr

Screenshot_2015-01-15-18-20-44_zps5ebe204b.png
[/URL][/IMG]

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset
Its the same airbox so id say no..., fitted my old pipercross filter from my cupra to an s3 so cant see it been different for the lcr

Screenshot_2015-01-15-18-20-44_zps5ebe204b.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers mate, picture helps no end.

The one I was sent is a complete rectangle, whereas I was told by the mechanic the one needed has a chamfered edge........as per your picture!

Now I've just got to get the fools at D*mon Tw*aks (didn't know if you were allowed to put anything negative about companies on here, so disguised the name) to send the correct one, and in a decent amount of time, considering they didn't even post this one for nearly a week after purchase, and then only 2nd class!!

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
I can understand you not wanting an induction kit, but I can't see the point of getting one of these panel filters. You've got a high performance car that's had thousands spent on research and development of the standard airbox that will perform as best as possible in terms of cheap and readiness of replaceable parts for manufacture and consumer.

The only point in changing the filter, IMO, is to get performance. The only way to better the OEM setup is to go full induction kit.

I've got a FL Cupra, replaced mine with an induction kit, started using V-Power and it made a huge increase in power. According the the rolling road anyway. I know they can be a bit of a lottery.

1Toomanycars

Dec 29, 2014
Somerset
I can understand you not wanting an induction kit, but I can't see the point of getting one of these panel filters. You've got a high performance car that's had thousands spent on research and development of the standard airbox that will perform as best as possible in terms of cheap and readiness of replaceable parts for manufacture and consumer.

The only point in changing the filter, IMO, is to get performance. The only way to better the OEM setup is to go full induction kit.

I've got a FL Cupra, replaced mine with an induction kit, started using V-Power and it made a huge increase in power. According the the rolling road anyway. I know they can be a bit of a lottery.

Mmmm, not being funny, but that would surely make your first statement pointless, because if all this money was spent to make it so great to start with, why do we all think we can make our cars better with items like filters/induction kits, remaps, lowering etc etc?

Ultimately, I bought the car, it needed a service, and this was bought as a replacement to the original.

It will, as it has always been (apparently), be run on the highest octane fuel.

I personally don't want the additional noise of an induction kit, as to me, it's as irratating as a dump valve (I thought I wanted one of those years ago on my Focus RS, and it was fitted on a Friday and came off the car on the following Monday!), if my car gets remapped, it will only be to stage 1 anyway.

When it comes down to it, it wasn't naively bought for massive, or indeed any performance gains, it won't harm the car, so it was done.

Last edited:

lsg60

Mar 31, 2014
So many unhelpful people on here, he doesn't care what you think he just wanted an answer to his question ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise